Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spinoff of products Places you miss!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinoff of products Places you miss!!!!!

I LOVED Bob's Big Boy, remember takin my younest son there when he was 2 he is now 27..wow where does the time go...

Re: Spinoff of products Places you miss!!!!!

This really isn't a place, but I miss hearing the "Tasty Freeze" truck coming around to the neighborhoods when I was a kid. My mom would make me get my bath early the night the truck was to come around (heck, maybe it was every night, I just don't remember that part) and then I'd run out to the truck in my p.j.'s and slippers and get to pick what I wanted. Usually, it was a chocolate/vanilla soft ice cream "twist" on a cone or another fav or mine was those round ice cream sandwiches that were called "ice cream wheels". Oh for the good old days when summer time was simple and happy, and not a care in the world and moms were home all day long.........
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

Tasty Freeze reminds me that I miss the one that was across the street from my high school. I'd get the best foot-long hot dogs there. Good stuff!
      Behind every successful man is a surprised woman.

Comment

Too funny I walked eveyday there to get a Rootbeer freeze when I was pg with my son..Forgot about it.

Comment

Ok now you got me going, Italian ices from the the everyday guy going up & down the street, lemon or cherry plus mustard pretzels (from Philly) then Mr Softee with like a dairy queen going up & down the street. Getting my Mom to give us money was hard. Add in the chocolate sprinkles, think that was more money. A mustard pretzel & water ice was a huge deal living in Philly. It was hard to get Mom to let us have treats. Plus the neighbor kids 5-6 in a house didn't have money so I felt bad & shared then wised up & ran in the house an ate it.

Comment

Roset, wow I must be geting old I remember going to the Italian ices place on the way to the beach when I was a Junior in high school. I can't believe I forgot about that...

Comment

Food gal, see, my Mom would only let us have so much money to get this, mostly it was a treat. Some times we had ice ceam at home with cones. I wanted the water ice guy with his petzels .
              Way so much than Moms stuff.

Comment

Working...
              X