Roe v Wade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roe v Wade

how many women here think if R v W were overturned abortion would be illegal? it wouldnt,it would then be for the states to decide,and not many states would make it illegal,im a pro choice republican, which there are alot of,although i dont believe in abortion i would never want to take away a womans right to choose.this is a very tough question,so take your time...

Re: Roe v Wade

I think that if the states were in control then some of the more conservative states would amend it so that only if a woman's life were in danger would an abortion be legal. If the woman were raped or if it is a child and incest were involved they would have no legal recourse and be forced to carry the child to term, causing them undue trauma. I think that there would be a decrease in "legal" abortions that the republicans would tout and not release the statistics on the increase of back-room abortions that would occur. This is Sarah Palin's desire. I'm pro choice and I don't think the government should tell a woman what to do with her body! And certainly no man (John McCain) should have the power to undo what women have worked hard to achieve (the right to choose). In that case why don't we all just get barefoot & pregnant and go back to the kitchens to make our husbands dinner. This is 2008 not 1958!

Comment

I don't believe in abortion either, but.... There is a time and place for it, medical reasons. I think a woman should have the right to decide if she wants it or not. Or it will be like it was all those years ago. women going to butchers in back alleys, dying of infections, perferated uterus's, or bleeding to death. I a definately against it for birthcontrol reasons. Too many people out there would love to have that baby.

Comment

I am so tired of important political discussions and elections being overrun by the topic of abortion. Its legal, it will always be legal, whether at state level or fed level. Abortion is a cashcow for numerous clinics across the world. Its still the murdering of an innocent baby, whether you choose to acknowledge that or not. Why do dads not have any rights? Women in 2008 do not have to become pregnant unless they make very poor choices. So IMO women always have the choice, unless its rape or incest.

Comment

I don't think it should be overturned. I would never have an abortion, but I won't push my beliefs on other women.
          It's true that if it was overturned, then the states would get the right to decide, but it is the first step in outlawing abortion. More and more states would not allow abortion and the states that do, would get all the women from the other states. Once that door is open, then the lobbiest (is that the right term) would swoop down on any state that didn't go anti-abortionist. It would become h#ll.
          The last time I looked, this was the "United" Stated of America. You cannot divide it on this issue. All Americans are equal and should be treated equally.

I DO, however, think that there should be limitations placed on abortion. Late-term abortions should be outlawed.

Comment

It's finally legal and it should stay that way. I am old enough to remember when it wasn't legal, and women had abortions anyway and many died. Those who had money went overseas or found a private doc who would do it here in this country.
            Personally I am pro-choice, always have been and always will be.

Comment

i like your opinion Allie,and politics aside,lobbyst aside,it would come down to the voters,and i think most would keep it legal,especially in cases of rape,incest,and health of the mother,late term abortions should be banned no matter what,its funny politicians always bring it up at election time,but in the end i think the state should decide,not the government.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                It's finally legal and it should stay that way. I am old enough to remember when it wasn't legal, and women had abortions anyway and many died. Those who had money went overseas or found a private doc who would do it here in this country.
                Personally I am pro-choice, always have been and always will be.
                Me to they use a coat hanger if they couldn't find a back room doctor
                I also say it should stay legal Period. Why turn back the clock?

Comment

I believe it is a woman's decision what to do with her body. I'm with AllieK, I personally could never have an abortion, but I certainly would not push my beliefs on others. But the thing about abortion being murder..... yes, in God's eyes, it is true that it is murder. However, something that always keep sticking in my mind is this....................what about poor innocent babies who are brought into this world just to end up being so abused and tortured, and for so long, where they wind up being murdered in the end anyway. And many times by those who gave them life!

To me that is more horrific of an act than aborting the unwanted fetus from the beginning where it hasn't been given life yet to know what it is like to "feel" that abuse and unwantedness. In those instances, it almost makes abortion seem like a more merciful act than the abuse that child would endure if left to be born to monsters.
                  The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

"but in the end i think the state should decide,not the government. "

Leave it alone, it's legal, and the woman should decide what she wants to do, not the state government, not the federal government.
                    It needs to be between the woman, her conscious and her doctor, nobody else. JMHO

Comment

"but in the end i think the state should decide,not the government. "

Leave it alone, it's legal, and the woman should decide what she wants to do, not the state government, not the federal government.
                      It needs to be between the woman, her conscious and her doctor, nobody else. JMHO
                      Amen

There are also studies that show that most inmates, male or female, were "unwanted" children.

I too am old enough to recall reading the horror tales of those girls/women who had to take desperate measures to end an abortion (and often their lives) prior to legalization.

Comment

My sentiments exactly. I told my kids that if it was overturned... they could visit me in jail cause I would learn how to perform abortions (I was a nurse in a former life) and would do my best to help women who needed help.

Isn't everyone pro-life? I certainly am... but I'm also staunchly pro-choice.
                        "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

I was always under the impression that Roe vs Wade is a ruling regarding the federal funding of abortion programs not the abortion itself (I know it is a fine line) But having grown up in the 60's, in an affluent republican area, clean safe abortions were always available under the guise of a D and C. (As a nurse and woman, I am really very pro choice-pro sterile procedure)

Comment

Folks,

I have closed a couple of the threads that have been politically based in the past few days. I really think this is the wrong format for these subjects... if these chats degrade I will continue to lock them.

Stephanie

Comment

I don't believe in abortion except in incidents where it is to save the mother's life. I do not think that it should be used in anyway as birth control. And that seems to be where a majority of abortions take place. The best type of birth control is to keep their legs together if they don't want children.

Comment

Working...
                              X