Great article on America's Great Presidents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great article on America's Great Presidents

Just got done reading a good article in the Parade magazine which comes with our Sunday paper every week. There is an article called, "The Secrets Of America's Great Presidents" and I thought it was very thought provoking and informative, especially for me since I'm so confused on who, what and why in trying to pick a candidate. I've provided the link to the article just in case anyone was interested and doesn't get the Parade with their Sunday paper:

http://www.parade.com/hot-topics/2008/09/secrets-of-great-presidents

To me, the icing on the cake of the article were the author's comments in the second paragraph:

"I hope that as this campaign reaches its end, we can all move beyond the superficial "issues" that now play too large a role in Presidential politics. Let us look closely at the leadership styles of John McCain and Barack Obama and analyze their strengths and weaknesses in relation to our greatest leaders. It will take imagination to shift our present mode of thinking. Old habits die hard. But let us begin."
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Re: Great article on America's Great Presidents

We get the parade magazine in our Sunday paper, and I saw the article, set it aside to read later. The lady who wrote the article also has written several books about american presidents.

Comment

good article, i may get some of her books.

Comment

Her name is Doris Kearns Goodwin. She is the author of many books. Including " Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln. " She won a Pulitzer prize in 1995 for her book on Franklin & Elanor Roosevelt. She also wrote a book about LBJ.

Comment

Working...
        X