Floridagirl68

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floridagirl68

I just wanted to ask how your Mother is doing ? Is she back home with you?

Re: Floridagirl68

No. She is at the Hospice Care Center. I went there yesterday morning for a few hours and back again last night for a while. It's not looking good. My brother is there now with her, then I'll go down for the evening. She's sleeping more now (it really freaks me out that the past few days she sleeps with her eyes open), she didn't talk for four days but the past few days she's been able to say a few words. She's still running a fever. She's lost alot of weight the past week. She's not even drinking the boost/ensure anymore, just sips of water. They seem to have her agitation under control pretty good though with the medication. The nurses are really good there. They come in the change her and clean her and she wakes up and smiles at them. They are keeping her pain under control with morphine. She seems to understand where she is and hasn't questioned it. Unfortunately my oldest brother (65) has had no contact with her in over two years. She said his name several times this week. I think she is holding on to see him. But, he won't answer his phone or anything. So I guess that will be something he will have to live with. And my other brother who lives out of state (64) we have not heard from in over a month and all his phone numbers are disconnected. So I'm not sure what to do about that situation. Also, her sister has heart problems and is going in for open heart surgery tomorrow. We can't tell them about each other for fear of what will it would do to them. So it's a really hard situation right now.
    The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

I am so sorry, yes that is a tough situation for you. But your mother is well taken care of, and that's what is the most important. Thank goodness for Hospice.
      My daughter's MIL had hospice care , she lived with my daughter & family, until about the last 2 days, she was taken to the hospice facility and died there.
      My thoughts are with you ((( floridagirl)))

Comment

Thanks Sabine. You know, I would rather her go soon than be like this. I know she hates this. She never wanted to live like this. She's always been the one to take care of everyone else. When she's in pain and confused and agitated I especially feel this way, because this truly isn't her.
        The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

I understand, I would feel the same way. The hospice gave my daughter / sil several pamhlets to read, about the different stages that a person goes through / physical symtomps when they are close to death. It was very helpful for all of us.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
            I understand, I would feel the same way. The hospice gave my daughter / sil several pamhlets to read, about the different stages that a person goes through / physical symtomps when they are close to death. It was very helpful for all of us.

I read that last night. She definitely has all nine signs they list.

Comment

OH Florida...I am so sorry!
              We just went thru this with DH's Grand Mother. It was sad and hard to watch. I am so sorry, and wish I could be there to hold your hand... ((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))

Comment

It pains me to see families having to go thru this with their loved ones. We went thru Hospice for my Aunt whom I loved like a Mother. I too was freaked out about her sleeping w/ her eyes open.

My thoughts and prayers are with your Mom. God Bless Her and your family.
                "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

I just got home and today is a total opposite of yesterday. It's just like clockwork every six to seven days she starts a period of severe agitation. She always starts out quiet for about a day then blows up. My brother said all day she was quiet and pretended like she was sleeping and didn't smile at all. When I got there she begged me to bring her home, she wanted the door and blinds closed, the tv off, refused medication and had the "wild" look in her eyes. I slipped out when she fell asleep. I warned the nurse of all the signs and to be prepared. So I am sure she won't be happy with me tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                  X