Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever had something on your credit report that was negative?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever had something on your credit report that was negative?

Just curious what you did, especially if you felt that you were in the right?

I have late charges that I disagree with, but don't know what to do. I filed an investigation with one of the credit bureaus, but although the credit card company removed the charges and I closed the account, the negative info remains on my credit report.

Re: Have you ever had something on your credit report that was negative?

You can write a letter to the credit report that is showing the negative feedback, be very concise and detailed explaining the resolution from the credit card company and how you were not at fault. You can ask them to place this on your credit report also.

dragun

Comment

YES!!!! Oh this brings back very bad memories. I had a credit card for a department store, paid off the outstanding balance, there was a service charge owing of $6.24 that we DID NOT know about, never did have a statement mailed out to us or anything. A few years later we go to bank to see about taking out a loan to buy a small piece of property ($10,000) and we were declined because of this $6.24 that was never paid! We had to go thru sooo much crap to have this bad rating removed from our files
      A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Yep, someone with the same name as my maiden name had a car repossesed in Southern Calif. Took me months to convince them it wasn't me and several more months to get it removed from my credit report.

Comment

Working...
        X