Spicey Chicken breast appetizer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spicey Chicken breast appetizer

Hottie soldier whom I have broken up with and gotten back together with a record number of times, BTW...Is coming over for cranberry Meatballs and I've thawed some chicken breasts already so I was thinking of making the following from recipegoldmine. But that's two sweet appetizers. I tihnk maybe a spicy appetizer like this
    http://www.recipegoldmine.com/apphotsavN/red-hot-chicken-bits.html
    with the chicken would be better?

Coconut Chicken Chops
    1 pound boneless chicken breast halves ( 4 pieces)
    1 tablespoon cornstarch
    1 teaspoon ground coriander
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 cup flour
    2 egg whites
    2 tablespoons honey
    1 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
    1 (12 ounce) jar orange marmalade

Remove chicken pieces from the refrigerator and clean under cold running water. Dry the chicken pieces by patting with paper towels. Cut up each chicken breast into 8 pieces, each about the size of a quarter.

Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with vegetable cooking spray.

In a plastic bag, mix together cornstarch, coriander, salt and flour.

In a bowl mix the egg whites and honey. Place the coconut in a second bowl.

Place chicken pieces in bag and shake. Coat pieces in the egg and honey mixture. Roll chicken in coconut and place on a cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees F for 17 minutes or until thermometer reads 170 degrees F. At the end of the first 10 baking minutes, rotate the tray in the oven to assure even cooking. After an additional 5 to 7 minutes of baking, check the temperature.

When coconut chicken chops have cooled slightly, lightly cover them with orange marmalade.

Spear the chicken with long wooden picks to serve as appetizers.
    www.southernjewishprincess.com

www.funnynotslutty.com

Re: Spicey Chicken breast appetizer

Sounds yummy!!!

Comment

I Would Go For The Spicey Chicken, Should Compliment The Sweet Meatballs Well.
      SHEL

Comment

Thanks...cleaning took a long time and the chicken actually did not thaw yet so I'm not doing those...but if for some reason I feel like cooking late tonight I may do the chicken. Probaby the spicy since the cranberry is so sweet.

www.funnynotslutty.com

Comment

Do the cranberry meatballs have saurekraut in em?? My mom had a recipe called Crazy Meatballs.. I think I have it somewhere.

Comment

Southern Jewish Princess Cranberry Jasmine Meatballs
            These jewels will make you a very popular princess. Serve as an appetizer or as an entree over jasmine rice with a side of snap peas. I have this recipe listed first for a reason, people!

Mix together lightly:
            1 cup cooked jasmine rice (cooled to room temp)
            2 lbs ground beef, I think Whole Foods ground beef tastes best
            2 eggs
            1/4 c catsup
            2-3 Tbsp dried onion flakes
            1 Tbsp soy sauce
            2 Tsp Worcestershire sauce
            Grated garlic clove or a little garlic powder
            Black pepper to taste

For sauce mix:
            12 oz bottle Heinz Chili Sauce
            16 oz can jellied cranberry sauce
            2 Tbsp lemon juice

Roll meat mixture into small (1.5 in.) balls and add to baking dish. Cover with sauce and cook uncovered 40-50 minutes at 400 degrees.

And I'm probably making the Likey Thymey Chicken Piccatta wishingstar had posted. I bumped it in faves. Have made it before.

www.funnynotslutty.com

Comment

those sound good, the ones I make have few ingredients..

cubed chicken breasts, 1/3 slice of bacon wrap around chicken and secure,
              dip roll cover whatever in 1/2 cup of brown sugar mizxed with one teaspon of cayenne pepper. and broil.

I'm making these for the next bunco, since it's an open month, and we are all bringing an appetizer.
              I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Working...
              X