I need help with a cookie recipe...please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help with a cookie recipe...please

We are making cookies for a huge party my son and wife are having - he made the Neiman-Marcus recipe last night but in order to get the inside better done, he baked them longer and the bottoms got burned.

the recipe says to bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees.

Does anyone have any ideas? thanks

Re: I need help with a cookie recipe...please

They probably continue to bake once you take them out of the oven. Did you try one when they were completely cooled?

Comment

When I make that recipe I always cook them 1 or 2 minutes longer and they still look like they're kind of raw on the inside. But once they're removed from the cookie sheet and they cool on the wire rack they should be fine.

Comment

thank you both! I'll tell him to cook them a bit longer and let them set before he tastes!

Comment

Janni, my suggestion also is to use parchment paper or those silicone liners so that bottoms are less likely to burn. I'd say you probably will go further with parchment paper because I reuse it a couple of times until it looks like you need to replace with another sheet. I LOVE parchment paper for cookies, for me it never fails.
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

thanks, I never thought about the parchment paper! that way he could back a little longer with less chance of burning - thanks, thanks1

Comment

Working...
            X