What's Blue Ray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Blue Ray?

I've seen movies at the store in this format, but I have no idea what it is. What's special about them? Does anybody have these kinds of movies? Do you need a special player for them? Is it worth converting to???

Re: What's Blue Ray?

Blue Ray is the newest in High def. movies. You do need a special player to play the movies. To me, it is not worth it. The players are about $300 for the cheap ones.
    "Outside of a dog, a book is mans best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by jodilyns View Post
      I've seen movies at the store in this format, but I have no idea what it is. What's special about them? Does anybody have these kinds of movies? Do you need a special player for them? Is it worth converting to???
      i have been wondering that myself.
      SHEL

Comment

We play blue ray movies on our playstation 3. In fact it came with a blue ray when we bought the PS3. The movies are more $$, but the quality is so much better than regular DVD's. We can rent blue rays too.

Comment

We have Blu-Ray hooked up to our Sharp Aquos 65" LCD TV in our media center. To me, most movies aren't exactly worth the extra money. However, we have the Blu-Ray version of Planet Earth - WOW! A lot of the animated movies like The Bee Movie are so awesome and the colors so vivid. But movies that have a dark theme or shot at night for night scenes - Blu Ray isn't worth the extra. Yes, you do need a special player for Blu Ray. You can play regular DVDs in a Blu-Ray player but you can't play a Blu-Ray movie in a regular DVD player.

Comment

Working...
          X