Hurricane in KY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurricane in KY

We basically had a hurricane here on Sunday, without the water! We had hurricane winds and a million homes without power on Sunday. Our power just came on about an hour ago. I have never seen anything like this in my life. Our back screen door blew off. Trees all around either were up rooted or limbs broken off. We are in a State of Emergency. Thankfully, everyone that I know is safe. But, it is hard to get gas or ice. Most places are without power, therefore, not many gas stations are not open. Many stop lights are not working, so of course you have many "maniac" drivers. Everyone is trying to get ice to save the food in their refrigerators. Luckily, my Mom's power came on yesterday and we took our food to her house. This was a freaky thing that will probably never happen again. But, it does shed light into what others are going through.

Re: Hurricane in KY

It wasn't a tornado that spun off of the hurricane? I'm sure you can tell the difference living in Kentucky. That's wild though...glad everyone is safe.

Comment

Denise, glad everyone is ok. we had the same here yesterday in Indiana. It blew a window out of our attic and blew a tree down that landed across our driveway missing our house by just a few feet. We only lost power for 8 hr.
      Our son came here today from Dayton OH. to borrow our generator, they couldn't find one anywhere in or around Dayton. One of the stores here told me they had a lady in looking for a generator today, her son was in KY and couldn't find one anywhere.
      We spent the day cutting a tree and have another to do for a older neighbor in the morning.
      I am so glad I do not live anywhere we would get the full blast of a hurricane, that was enough for me.

Comment

I have alot of relative in Ohio. I saw on the news this morning that they had hurricane force winds yesterday and thousands were without power.
        The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

Rosie--glad you all are ok as well! We are having hourly updates on the local news--still half a million without power! It was just unbelievable to watch the storm. My boss/friend lives about 10 miles from me and still does not have power this morning. They were grilling bacon and eggs this morning

Comment

I am in Ohio and Sunday night we had a horrid wind storm here also. People are still without power, trees down, buildings damaged. It got scary for awhile.
            Heritic, rebel, a thing to flount,
            He drew a circle that shut me out.
            But love and I had the wit to win,
            We drew a circle that took him in.

Comment

I'm in NE Ohio and we just got our power back really late last night. We had wind up to 75 mph and trees and limbs are down everywhere. The power company was telling people there was no telling when all of the power would be restored because they sent a lot of their workers to Texas to help out down there!!
              We have a lot of clean-up to do here. I'm just thankful the power's back on mainly because we have a well and when the power goes we don't have any water, either.
              I hope everyone came through safely.

Comment

It was hurricane winds in KY-70 and up mph. My power has been out since Sunday. I took off Monday and Tuesday, just came back to work today---it sucks trying to get ready for work by candlelight!!
                Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

We still have no power. It has been off since noon on Sunday.

Comment

Well I am back online. We were fortunate to have our power restored around 9pm last night. Duke, our electric provider was saying that we were not getting it back on till Saturday. Of course, this was after my brother brought over a generator and we found that it was not powerful enough to run my large chest freezer, so I loaded up my freezer contents and took all of it to divide between my brother's and parents freezer. Then I went home and started up the generator and watched a bit of tv and about 1 hour later, here comes my electricity on. My son in Columbus also had the same wind "hurricane" and did not get electric till yesterday.

Comment

Its Thursday and still a lot of people here in Ky where I live still do not have power. I have never seen anything like the winds we had Sunday, and they blew for hours which was the worst part. Luckily I had no damage but I don't have any big trees either.

Comment

I am still without power, and I live in the largest city in KY!
                        Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

Wow, there's no reason all of you should still be without power.

We got so much rain here that a lot people where flooded out. But not much wind. Our pond (our's is about 1/2 acre across) and three of my neighbors ponds all became one huge lake with the trout streem that runs by a house 3 doors down. I have never seen so much water in the 20 years that we have been here. We were one of the lucky ones, no water in the house. We just can't mow the grass for at least a week.

Comment

There are still people here without power and they're saying it will be this weekend before it's restored. Someone told my DH that they've been told 3 weeks because they had a bunch of trees and wires down.
                            The YMCAs are offering showers for people without water and groceries are giving out free water and ice. This is worse than when we had a tornado come through here a few years back!

Comment

I still don't have power. I am near Cincinnati.

Comment

Working...
                              X