Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does your family run out of first ? if you push off laundry day

What does your family run out of first ? if you push off laundry day

For us, it's dh's socks. I can only wait until he's sockless.

You ?
    I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Re: What does your family run out of first ? if you push off laundry day

We may run short on underwear, underpants, certainly not socks, he has tons of those.
    Thankfully if I don't get around to doing laundry , he does.

Comment

sabine, care for a trade ?
      I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

LOL, I don't think so.

Comment

under ware. we just turn them over...................

Comment

socks, then underwear
            A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

usually WHITE socks...our white loads are always small too.....so I'm always putting the whites off

Comment

DH & I usually do not run out of things because I do our laundry in a timely manner to meet our needs (about once to twice per week).

Our sons, however, who came back home after college to get financially situated, do their own laundry now. Which simply means..............they will let their laundry pile and pile and pile until they run out of practically EVERYTHING they own. THEN decide it's time to do it. That's probably why their wardrobes are twice as big as mine and DH's!!!!

Oh the wonderful little tricks they learned in college........or "think" they learned because I REFUSE to do their laundry any more (and yes, they do pay room and board now). DD is on her own in grad school and follows my rule of thumb pretty much. I guess boys are just different in that respect.
                The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

dh's work clothes. he only has a few pairs, so they have to get washed every other day. I bought 3 packs each of underware and socks, so those don't usually run out.

Comment

Krubinic, it was towels that I ran out of and believe me I do have a lot of towels, since DD is away at college things have really changed around here. I don't have that problem anymore. Three of us in the house and did two loads of towels a week, huge loads. It's much easier now.

Comment

it would have to be work shorts/pants for dh.
                      SHEL

Comment

I know that I probably shouldn't make this somment, but I thought it would probably add to the discussion. I'm fortunate that I live alone > and I LOVE to do laundry and do a load at least every other day. YES, I said "I LOVE TO DO LAUNDRY" My mom always laughed when I would change clothes a couple times a day and would never use the same towel twice. She'd say " I can't wait until you're doing your own laundry".

Comment

Highclass1 - how many times can you turn them over LOL

Comment

Dh's Jeans And My Scrubs.

Rube, Each Pair Of Underwear Has 4 Days, On Regular Way, Turn Around Wear Backwards, Inside Out Front In Front, Then Turn Around Inside Out!

Usually I Just Wear Regular Way, Then Inside Out, Don't Like To Turn Them Around, Too Much Chance For Bacteria!

J/k

Comment

run out of first as far as laundry? towels.

i have this weird thing about unerware, everyone must have 30 pair it's insane.
                              but the kids each have three towels, of their own, it's not a community towel closet up there ..... i found that one certain kid had all of them. and the other two had none.
                              so i bought each three towels that matches their rooms, and that's their towels no one elses.

socks are not a problem, Dh has a large drawer for them. girls wear alot of flip flops
                              and mine are ok.
                              I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Working...
                              X