What Should I Have Done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Should I Have Done

I Just Got Back From The Post Office And I Am Feeling Sooooo Bad That I Didn't Offer To Help The Gentleman Walking In. He Had Two Canes And Each Step Was Quite And Effort. When I Got Into The Office I Mentioned The Man To The Clerk, She Said He Had Just Called Asking For His Mail To Be Brought Out==she Thought He Ment To His House Not To His Car. So She Meets Him At He Door And Hands Him His Mail Explaining To Him He Should Have Said He Needed His Mail Brought To The Car. I Am Not Sure How I Could Have Helped--maybe Take His Mail To The Car For Him--something I Feel I Should Have Done Something. What Could I Have Done To Help This Gentleman???
    SHEL

Re: What Should I Have Done

My question is why didn't the postal clerk take the mail to his car when she realized that he had trouble walking and was on two canes ??
    besides taking the mail to his car, I really can't think of anything else you could have done for him ??

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
      My question is why didn't the postal clerk take the mail to his car when she realized that he had trouble walking and was on two canes ??
      besides taking the mail to his car, I really can't think of anything else you could have done for him ??
      LET'S JUST SAY SHE ISN'T THE FRIENDLIEST POSTAL CLERK.
      SHEL

Comment

Takes a lot of nerve to hand that man ( on two crutches ) his mail at the door
        Maybe there is a " postal regulation" not allowing her to take the mail to his car ?????

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
          Takes a lot of nerve to hand that man ( on two crutches ) his mail at the door
          Maybe there is a " postal regulation" not allowing her to take the mail to his car ?????
          I don't know what the "postal reg" might be but there is a federal law that requires her to deliver his mail to his car if he is disabled and requests it and sounds like he is....doesn't sound like she tried very hard to make accommodations. Handing him the mail at the door isn't a big help since he's already up, out and making way.

Comment

Shel, don't beat yourself up over this. Sounds like you are like ME! I always think of the best come back 15 minutes too late. I always see what I SHOULD have done 5 minutes after the fact! The very idea that you have actually thought of this and it bothered you enough to post about it, shows how touched you were by him, and how much you care for people.

Maybe, you are just not a very impulsive person. Maybe, you take a minute or two to "absorb" what is going on before you decide the best way to act on it. That's not really a bad thing. At least I hope not since I am the same way!!! We are just "thinkers"...............
            Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

HE WAS DRIVING? Ouch.

I would have probably just held the door.

Comment

Working...
              X