Please pray for my best friend....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please pray for my best friend....

My best friend, Rebecca, was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer in July. She is 39 years old, and was diagnosed with what is typically seen in non-smoking women over 55. She has gone through 10 rounds of radiation and lots of chemo already, and is struggling. She has lost all of her beautiful hair, and lots of weight, which, at 100 lbs soaking wet, she did not need to lose. They originally told her she probably has 4-6 months to live. She is responding so well to the treatment, hopefully she will have a lot longer. I am devastated, and am in shock. I have been so busy with all my BS the last couple of months that I had not called her or returned her calls and I feel like the worst friend in the world. A real heel. She only lives about an hour from me. I should have been there for her. I didn't even find out until today. I didn't cry on the phone with her, because I didn't want to upset her, but I have cried nonstop all day long since then. I just can't believe it. I have put her on our prayer list at church, but I am begging you.. Please, please pray for my friend Rebecca. Please pray that she will somehow beat this. She is much too young and much too special to go just yet..........
    Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Re: Please pray for my best friend....

Lauren prayers and hugs being sent. Yes way to young it brought tears to my eyes reading this. God Bless her and her family and God Bless you. No you are not a bad friend but I would feel the same. Lots of prayers on there way. Please keep us updated.
    Hugs,
    Darlene

Comment

Please add my heartfelt prayers for your friend.
      "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Both you and Rebecca are in my prayers. You are not a bad friend; sometimes our lives just get us sidetracked for a short while. You are helping her now and that's what is important.

Comment

(((LAUREN)).. my heart aches for your friend.. and you..I know how tough it is to hear such bad news and then 2nd guessing what you should/shouldn't do or say. Perhaps you can take the time to send her a card - Thinking of You..or just a notecard with no sappy friend stuff.. just a simple sentiment.. a smile and hug. My prayers to your friend and you.
          Tessa

Comment

Thank you so much everyone... And, you know what? She said a lot of the same stuff. She said to me, "Lauren, you and I are close enough that we don't HAVE to talk every day, or week - we can pick right back up where we left off without missing a beat."

She said that. She is THAT amazing.

Update since I just talked with her:

Thank you so much everyone.. I just got off the phone with her. The next Chemo appt. and milestone, will be on Sep 29th. She goes in for a CT scan first. If the CT scan shows that LB (she has named it - little bastard) has shrunk, then she will continue on for her Chemo appointment. If it has not shrunk anymore, they will have to start looking at some other options. I will be there with her for this appointment.

Another concern has been her weight. She weighed 125 when she was diagnosed. Size 2. She is down to 105 and a size minus zero. Her doctors have been very concerned about her weight and told her that if she lost any more, that they would have to completely stop the Chemo and Radiation. She said that she is hungry ALL the time, but, the medication leaves a metallic taste in her mouth that makes most foods taste very much bad. She is trying to eat as much as she can of everything that tastes ok to her. She is sick a lot too..

My heart is just breaking because I love her so much.... If you have a friend that means a lot to you, please, tell them. When you are saying goodbye on the phone, tell them. I am now.

Oh, and yeah. I will be spending the weekend there most likely. She is possibly expecting some company on Friday, but it is tentative. I don't want to intrude on their time, so we agreed that if they can't make it, then I will be coming out on Friday to spend the (first of many) weekends...

Thank you for your prayers.. They mean a lot to me...
            Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Lauren B OMG this is awful, such a young person to deal with all of this, thank God you are going to see her. Sounds like she is an understanding person. We all will pray for her and hope that she can battle this out. Hope by this weekend she gets good news.

Comment

Many prayers from here. I lost my best friend 8 yrs. ago to a lung disease (not cancer), so I know how you are hurting.

Comment

So very sorry that your friend is going through this. Very hard to deal with. My prayers to her and her family and friends. (((hugs)))

Comment

Working...
                  X