Does anyone have tivo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have tivo?

Our friends want to give us theirs because they do not use it. Do we have to pay extra monthly on our cable bill?

Do you like it?

Re: Does anyone have tivo?

We LOVE TiVo!!

I think the service is about $10 a month, depending on how much memory you want it to have.

It's great when you're watching TV and you can pause it, take a break and come back, and resume your program. We record lots of shows and then when we watch them, we just skip on through the commercials. Downside: we tend to now watch a bit MORE TV than before; since my husband records all his fave shows (Hannity, O'Reilly, Glenn Beck), he comes home and watches all of them straight through (where as before we had TiVo, if he was late from work, oh well, too bad.... he missed a show).

Comment

I don't think I would survive without TiVo. DH gave it to me about 3 years ago for a Christmas Gift......Down side is that I've become a couch potato!
      "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

Jewels, you grab that Ti-vo. I rent it off the cable co. trust me, I ti-vo the news too. I hate commercials, you can tape 2 shows at the same time but you got to watch a ti-vo show while doing it. Hope I didn't confuse you. Way so much better than the old days, remember VHS & the tapes? Good thing I didn't buy it because I already went threw 2 ti-vos off the cable, DH said I just wore them out. I love it, my girlfriend doesn't understand it and has it, I tried to tell her but she does her way, DH knows most of it but not like I do. I hope someday they can even improve it more and tape as many shows as you want. It is wonderful even if you just watch a show, you can program it to record just new shows so you don't record reruns. Jewels you will enjoy it, just takes a little time to get use to it.

Comment

We have DVR, pretty much the same thing. Kids gave it & a year's subscription to us for our 50th anni. We love it!

Comment

we have dvr and i cna't imagine living without it. since i get 4 services from the sam eprovider, my bill has a credit on it per month. you might want to look into what will be cheaper for you.
            I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

MY TiVo just died.. only had it a year. I talked to Directv guy and he said they have switched to a different brand because their life wasso short.. so awaitiing my new machine.

Comment

Working...
              X