Are your kids into Webkinz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are your kids into Webkinz?

Just started my After School Child Care and it seems the Webkinz are all the rave now. Bought one and it looks fun. Any input?

Re: Are your kids into Webkinz?

Ok I have to ask....what is a Webkinz?
    I have seen signs in store windows \"We have Webkins\" there is a gift shop I pass that has a sign \"Webkins sold here\". I\'m so out of the loop...

Comment

Its a little stuffed animal that comes with a code, you get online with the code and it tells you its name and such. Then when you're online you play games and buy things for your Webkinz and build a little home or something!
      CHIT! I don't know, I'm asking you for input!

Comment

My daughter absolutely loves it. She can send stuff to her friends. Oh by the way she is 11. Kids from different ages love it. A neat invention. Clean fun. And yes, they keep you buying more. If you don't buy another Webkinz in a year things expire. She plays the games all the time to and does what she has to to earn points to buy things (imaginary). It will have kids starting on the computer at an early age.

Comment

Thanks DinDin!

Comment

My DD is also 11 and it's a HUGE deal with her and her friends. They put out "new" ones each month. Of course we have to collect them all! There good, clean, innocent fun.

Comment

My granddaughter loves them! I think she has about 15 now. They are really cute.
              She has a great time decorating their rooms and playing the games there. Some of the games are good learning tools. Her Webkinz even have a garden that has to be taken care of every day..watered, weeded, harvested, etc.

Comment

DS is not but I have purchased a couple for birthday gifts for his friends.

Comment

Both of my kids are into them. I think between the two of them they have around 20 of them. DD likes them, but she really loves Club Penguin. It is another site that kids play on, it cost money to be a member. 6.00 a month for CP anywhere from 11.00 to 16.00 a month for a Webkinz or a Neopet they all cost money one way or another! I agree that it is all clean fun and I feel comfortable with them playing on any of those sites.
                  Visit my blog at: http://midlifemotherhood45.blogspot.com/

Comment

My mom sent me a little Webkinz pug. He's been sitting on my desk for a month, but I've never even opened the tag to get the secret code. Guess I'll have to go see what it's all about now...

Comment

I almost bought the pug but went with the frog instead.

Comment

Originally posted by AngID View Post
                        My mom sent me a little Webkinz pug. He's been sitting on my desk for a month, but I've never even opened the tag to get the secret code. Guess I'll have to go see what it's all about now...
                        Off to see Ms. Birdy!!

Comment

I registered but the page has been "loading" for 23 minutes now!

Comment

WE ABSOLUTELY LOVE WEBKINZ!!! It is kiddie crack in our area. Kids go nutso about the new ones and what do you have, oh and the website is fabulous. Most of the games have some educational value and the chat is completely safe.

Angi, log out or stop the load. And retry logging in. Sometimes, especially during the right after school hours website is slow.

dragun

Comment

My kids were into webkins last year, and the year before. Were all the rage...hard to find...sizzled out just this past Christmas. They are really an exspensive stuffed animal...you log onto the website to play games, feed it, buy rooms of furniture, toys, food and clothes. You have to play games to earn more money.

Comment

Working...
                              X