Question about starch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about starch

My Mom told me years ago that to ensure you got alot of the starch out of rice and pasta, you had to rinse in cold water. I have just heard that you can rinse the starch just as well with hot water. What do you say?
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Re: Question about starch

This may not be exactly what u are looking for, but I've read in my cooking tips books that it is much easier to clean out a pan that is gummed up with a starch (mashed potatoes, etc.) by using cold water. That goes against what you would think....hot water would melt stuff faster in pans....ya know? Maybe this has someting to do with it. Let me think on it for a bit. Are u asking because you want to keep something hot?
    www.thenewmommiezblend.blogspot.com

Comment

Re: Question about starch

I always run cold water thru my rice cause it removes the dusty coating on it and what ever else may have adhear to it. It comes a long way to the states. All the Chinese and India cooking classes I went to they all rinse the rice until the cold water runs clear. I think when you use cold water you can run your hands thru the rice to stir it around to keep it moving so the stuff comes off.

Comment

Working...
      X