catering help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• catering help

I am catering a wedding for 200 this Saturday. Someone else is doing the pork and beef sandwiches.

They want baked beans, potato salad, frog-eyed salad, cheese, sausage trays, veggie trays, fresh fruit trays,,,,,
    they also want fruit pizzA and veggie pizzas.
    How many would you make? If I bought one tube of crescent rolls per 10 people..... wow that seems like a lot! And cookie dough?

Re: catering help

I wish I could give you some help. My little brother and his wife had a reception that had so many different kinds of food. It was unreal. They had tons and tons left. There was just too much to choose from.

It sounds like you are catering a nice reception, though. Good luck and try not to work too hard.
    Spicy food speeds up your metabolism. Put salsa on your cupcakes.

http://find-teresa-butler.tripod.com

Comment

I talked her OUT of a whole bunch of stuff! Her last wedding (this is a mom who has had me cater several daughter weddings), had an entire separate menu for kids!

At this point, she has decided she should have given them $ to elope.

Comment

10 lbs of potatoes for 50 serving

Baked beans--using dry beans you need 8 cups or (2 qt.) or (4lbs) per 50 servings.
        I would just buy the #10 cans and add your own fixins.

Comment

Ok, I went on to Allrecipes.com website and put 200 servings into the little calculator they provided you to put in whatever amount of servings you want. I'd imagine that means one slice of Fruit Pizza per person.

Here is what the calculator came up with. I hope this helps:

Fruit Pizza II
          Ready In: 30 Minutes
          Yields: 200 servings

"A baked cookie crust is spread with cream cheese and whipped topping, and fresh fruit is spiraled onto the top. A sweetened, citrus glaze is then spooned over the fruit. Chill this sweet pizza before serving."

INGREDIENTS:
          25 (18 ounce) packages refrigerated sugar cookie dough
          25 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
          25 (8 ounce) containers frozen whipped topping, thawed
          50 cups sliced fresh strawberries
          12-1/2 cups white sugar
          25 pinches salt
          1-1/2 cups and 1 tablespoon cornstarch
          12-1/2 cups orange juice
          3 cups and 2 tablespoons lemon juice
          6-1/4 cups water
          1/4 cup and 1 teaspoon orange zest

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Slice cookie dough and arrange on greased pizza pan, overlapping edges. Press dough flat into pan. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Allow to cool.

2. In a large bowl, soften cream cheese, then fold in the whipped topping. Spread over cooled crust. You can chill for a while at this point, or continue by arranging the fruit.

3. Begin with strawberries, sliced in half. Arrange in a circle around the outside edge. Continue with fruit of your choice, working towards the middle. If bananas are used, dip them in lemon juice so they don't darken. Then make a sauce to spoon over fruit.

4. In a saucepan, combine sugar, salt, corn starch, orange juice, lemon juice and water. Cook and stir over medium heat. Bring to a boil, and cook for 1 or 2 minutes, until thickened. Remove from heat, and add grated orange rind. Allow to cool, but not set up. Spoon over fruit. Chill for two hours, then cut into wedges and serve.
          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

Have 200 people RSVP'd or is that the amount of invitations sent out. For my niece's wedding, her mother just catered the reception and based her food on the amount of people invited. They invited about 125 people and about 25 showed up. Can you imagine how much food there was left? I can't imagine cooking enough of EVERYTHING that they want for 200 people. That is why I don't cater anything larger than 50 people and usually just for family. I wouldn't have a clue what to do really and how much food to prepare.
            Spicy food speeds up your metabolism. Put salsa on your cupcakes.

http://find-teresa-butler.tripod.com

Comment

When I have made the fruit pizza I didn't use the cookie crust, I used the crescent roll crust. I thought the cookie crust was too sweet. But that is only my opinion.

sorry can't help with the amounts. I only do small family gatherings, nothing over 50.

good luck though.

dragun

Comment

I have to agree with SuzieQ - are you really sure 200 people are going to show up?

Comment

Working...
                X