Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what would you pay?

Having a bake sale.....

What would you say is a fair price for the following??

dozen choc. chip cookies

homemade apple pie
    homemade pumpkin pie

flavored brownies (cheesecake, pumpkin, etc.)

also, my children make these worms in dirt treats (brownie covered with frosting , green coconut with gummi worms) what would you pay for those?

I want it to be FAIR to both parties. I don't want to hear the comments "that is too much" or "$?? for a pie?"

Children will be around and their feelings get hurt easily so I don't want them to feel bad by hearing rude comments

any and all comments welcome

Re: what would you pay?

The bakery I go to charges approx the following so I'd add a dollar because it is homemade. Or list them for $7.50 and lower the price if nobodies is "biting".

dozen choc. chip cookies - $2

homemade apple pie - $4 (actually their pies are $3.50 but they make a sugar-free apple pie for me for $4)
    homemade pumpkin pie - $4

flavored brownies (cheesecake, pumpkin, etc.) $0.50/slice (I'd keep the price the same)

worms in dirt treats - depends on the size - $1/piece?

Just guessing on these.

I've seen pies in stores for a heck of a lot more but the place I go to is a small, unknown bakery that also sells to the public. Also, restaurants sell pie slices for a buck a pop

Comment

I think $6 for a pie...any pie. I'd probably pay more, but I think most people would pay $6 knowing it's for a good cause...is this for a school bake sale??? I don't know about the dozen cookies. But maybe a dollar a piece for a brownie, depending on how big they are...so maybe a little less if they're on the smaller side. JMO

Comment

I think the cookies should be at least $3.00 and pies 6.00.
        Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

individual dirt treats .50 cents

plus, have you considered doing some smaller bags of cookies maybe 3 for .50 cents

you will have a lot of kiddos buying too and they usually only have change.

dragun

Comment

i think 6 for pie too, and 2 bucks per dozen cookies, especially if they are decent size

Comment

I would def sell pieces of pie for $1., the cookies, depending on size, maybe 3 @ 50 cents. Something that I think sells good is rice krispie treats.

Comment

I would imagine it would be more difficult to sell pieces of pie. Then you also have to provide plate, fork and napkin as well. Whole pies are much easier.

Comment

You can make more on the pies by selling by the slice. At a bake sale, many people appreciate smaller packages...especially when they are trying to diet. They may buy a slice or 2, before they would buy a whole pie. And some people want their treat when they get to the car.

also, with todays economy, people may be more apt to want to pay a little less for something...just to help the kids out. They may not want to pay for a whole pie.
                  You can always sell both slices and whole pies.
                  Last edited by AllieK; 09-18-2008, 03:09 PM.

Comment

True AllieK. Plus some (like myself) live alone and a whole pie might be too much.

I guess dollar stores could provide cheap and cheerful plates/napkins, etc.

Comment

Just ask someone to donate the little plates and forks, maybe some Saran wrap or baggies maybe someone that can't or won't bake.

Comment

If it were me, I would sell the cookies 3 for a dollar. That way you would get more for them per dozen. I would spend a dollar for 3 cookies!! It sounds like a bargain.
                        A man of words and not of deeds, is like a garden full of weeds.

Comment

I would pay $2-$3 for a decent slice of pie. Most moms know how expensice pie ingredients are and how much trouble they are to bake..expecially the fruit pies.

Hey, another good thing for garage sales is the various types of trash (chex, kind with m&m's, etc.). It's easy and the kids can help with it.

Comment

Working...
                          X