• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oh wow, i am home.

My husband didn't tell me everything.
    he knows me.

damage is worse than he said.
    not really worse, but the tree is horrible. both of them. he got most of it, but there's still a broken, hanging large limb hanging on the cable line to the house, he has work people coming to help him remove it tomorrow, and then he'll go help them afterwards.

our three story tall oak tree... took a horrible beating. there are huge pieces that are stuck in the tree... not sure how to handle that one. it'll be ok, just looks like crap for awhile...

all of this is ok. the siding is bad, but not a claim. thank goodness.
    there are very large limbs on top of the pool screen not sure how to get that down....

but the worse news.
    i lost 5 crabs.
    i'm devestated.
    he's sorry, he couldn't help it. he kept water, and food in there, but the heater wasn't on them, and they had no light during the day. he tried, but other things ya know.
    and i understand, i am not upset with him. not his fault.
    and the wouldn't have handled a vacation either, i wouldn't be able to take them with me.

we are one of the only streets here with power. maybe 30 houses here have power.. maybe 30 could be less. not more.
    news is, that all the trucks have left, and will go into houston. they will return on monday. oh wow.
    over all out of everyone in our school district about 40 percent has power.
    seems they hooked up the main roads, and if yours goes in from there then you are good...
    that would be us. but they didn't go into the neighborhoods.

I am about 2 blocks from the highway.
    that's horrible.
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Re: oh wow, i am home.

I know you're a happy camper! There really is NO place like home.

Oh, sorry about your crabs.

Comment

sorry about your crabs stella....glad you are ok though
      DARE TO BE DIFFERENT

www.myspace.com/luvkidrock4ever

Comment

Oh, I'm sorry about your crabs Stella.. But, I am glad that you all are safe and the damage was not too bad to your home...
        Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

OMG!!!! One of them wasn't......wasn't......nuisance was it????

I'm sorry you lost your crabs, I know how much you love them. I'm glad things aren't worse, and DH made it thru without harm.

Comment

nuisance is still with us.

nuisance and fast are still here..

you are safe lol
            I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Bless your hearts. I am glad you have power. Take care and you and all those in need are in my prayers.

Comment

Glad you are home
                A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Welcome home Stella!!! I know you & your family are happy for that, sorry things aren't up to normal but they will get there. I wonder when will the kids get back to school? Hope next week things get better in your town & everyone comes back.

Comment

I have a house in houston for sale no less. I lost the deck on my house, and I think that is all for now. I also lost two trees. My old neighborhood has no power still, maybe next week, the poor folks still cannot drink the water from the tap. But FEMA finally made it into that area of town to pass out ice and water.

Comment

Stella I am glad you are home and so sorry to hear about your crabs.

I live in Huntsville which is north of Houston. There is lots of devastation in our area to both homes and property. We lost power early Saturday morning and it was restored yesterday. Many of my friends and my son are still without power and it could be 3-5 weeks or more before it is restored.

I work for a very large state agency. Hundreds of our employees have lost their entire homes and many more are not allowed to even get back to their homes to see what if any of it is left. Please keep them in your prayers.

Stephanie, my son lives in your old neck of the woods. He still has no power. We are going to pick him up tomorrow on our way back from the medical center for my next treatment and bring him here for a few days. At 21, he has never experienced true hardship. He is tired of eating cold soup out of cans and/or food from the few fast food restaurants that are open in his area. Not to mention no power, AC, internet or TV. Needless to say he has decided "camping out" is not his thing.

Comment

Welcome home Stella! Sorry about your crabbabbies!
                        Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

Sorry you lost your crabbies Stella. I know how you liked to show them off to peeps. Good thing is you have power and dont have to put in a claim yet.

My offer still stands...you can come and live here with me (crabs and all!!!)

Comment

(((STELLA))).. I'm glad you are home..and very sorry about the crabs.. (RIP.. crabbies)
                            Tessa

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear about your crabs, but glad you and your home are safe.
                              My mother's menu consisted of two choices - take it or leave it!

Comment

Working...
                              X