Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hair color for dry, thick hair...what do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hair color for dry, thick hair...what do you use?

I want to find something that won't dry my hair out even more...it is already dry, thick and curly. It is very dark brown with some graying. I want to even it out and make it all dark brown (I real the grays will be a bit lighter).

Your experiences and tips are greatly appreciated!
    Gina
    John 10:9
    www.opendoorchili.org

Re: hair color for dry, thick hair...what do you use?

well if you want it to not dry your hair out use a semi-permanent hair color. It probably won't last as long since it doesn't contain any peroxide or a metallic dye. But, it will be much better for your hair. Or if you have a beauty supply near your you can use a permanent color but make sure to only use 10 volume peroxide. It is used to deposit color only, it is not as damaging to the hair.

Comment

Nelliesmom, I have the same hair as you do, and I too use a semi permanent dye. It does not cover down to the absolute root- it's a very thin solution. But, the results are worth it! My hair is less brittle and not fried from the dying process at all. I will only use a salon to do my dye jobs, so I cannot advise you on home hair. Good luck, Laura

Comment

Laura,
        Exactly which one do you use? When you say it doesn't get down to the root, does that mean I will have grey and brownish strands?

Comment

When I used to dye my hair I used Mrs Clariol. My hair is thick & dry.. But after dying it and putting in that conditioner they have in box my hair was silky soft. then I would makesure shampoo & conditioner were for color treated hair.

Comment

Nelliesmom, I have my dye jobs done in a salon, so I don't know the brand. I don't think my roots grow in quicker, but i did have converation w/ stylist, and they said this process does have the down side of not covering the roots down to the scalp. I'll still sacrifice getting my roots done more oftern (5-6 weeks) than having my hair fried using the regular salon dyes. The semi permanent dye should not give you different coloured streaks. Laura

Comment

I use a semi-permanent color on my hair but it does get down to the outgrowth - Redken Shades EQ,

You can also get hair coloring that is 'natural' - you mix with water. If you have a Sally's near you, you can get it there - in a yellow-gold colored box. There are not many colors to choose from, tho.

Comment

Working...
              X