Jeans For a Real Woman, Not A Twig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeans For a Real Woman, Not A Twig

I need some suggestions for jeans. I got rid of all of my 80's-looking, tapered leg, high-in-the-waist jeans a while back and have bought a few modern ones (lower in the rise, boot-cut leg (which actually means the legs are straight).

Problem is I can't wear too low a rise as I am a 40-ish mom with a tummy problem. I like a bit higher rise to 'hold everything in'.

I'm hoping the people on this board don't shop in the junior dept and can actually relate to what I'm looking for. Any suggestions?

Price is no object at this point.

Re: Jeans For a Real Woman, Not A Twig

Ali, have you looked at Chico's for thier denim jeans? They have several different cuts, and they have a bit of spandex in them to keep a good shape. I'm right there with you on the tummy issue! Laura

Comment

I hear ya!! I am not a fan of the low rise jeans and pants. I like my pants to sit at my natural waist. So far, I have found that Just My Size has jeans for real women, and Lane Bryant also has some - the store, at least, not sure about the web, but on Just My Size, they have them on their website.

I like to have my fat squished in, not hanging over the top!!! And, trust me, there are WAY too many girls and women who should share that philosophy but DON'T!! Those low rise jeans are just not flattering on very many people...
      Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I swear by Not Your Daughter's Jeans (NYDJ) - just like the name implies these jeans are for the mature woman - my DH loves the way these fit my rear - they do wear very well. I'll never wear anything but. Best prices I've found are on ebay.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions! I am going to research all of them.

I do like Lane Bryant jeans but some of them are still a bit too low in the rise.

I've been watching the TLC show "What Not to Wear" a lot lately and have gotten some great fashion ideas.

Comment

I found a pair of Gloria Vanderbilt jeans at Kohls that have tummy control. Love them!

Comment

Forgot to say they are bootcut and are not a low rise - guess you could say a midrise.

Comment

I love Levi Jeans and they are sold at JC Pennys. They are not low rise but not too high. They (IMHO) are more modern They have the wider leg at the bottom, which I love--cause I have big feet and it covers a big part of my shoe! I think they are very comfy. I love jeans and wear them every day (I am lucky to be able to wear them to work.) They have all sizes and fits. The only problem I sometimes have is the length is a bit too short.

Comment

Originally posted by Denise View Post
                  I love Levi Jeans and they are sold at JC Pennys. They are not low rise but not too high. They (IMHO) are more modern They have the wider leg at the bottom, which I love--cause I have big feet and it covers a big part of my shoe! I think they are very comfy. I love jeans and wear them every day (I am lucky to be able to wear them to work.) They have all sizes and fits. The only problem I sometimes have is the length is a bit too short.
                  Hey Denise, I have that same problem! I am 5'7 and it seems that the "average" length is for 5'4 to 5'7, so I am right at the cusp there.. Sometimes the average is too short, and the tall is too long!!!
                  Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
                  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Do you have Avenue stores by you? They have the greatest pants! They have alot of pants that stretch, even corduroys and they don't look like "stretch pants". You can also find them online at Avenue.com.

Comment

I bought two pair of jeans at Avenue in spring. They are light-weight and stretchy; nice for summer.

Comment

o you have a Coldwater Creek by you? I love their jeans.

Comment

Have you tried L L Bean jeans? I like the ones that have the elastic on the sides. After my hysterecomy (sp), I don't like anything too tight on my belly.

Comment

Old Navy Classic Rise will be perfect. They are lower than the Waist, just a little. I only buy Old Navy jeans, it's like they are made for me. They have plus sizes online too, but I just wear size 16 regular women's. If you have a bigger bootie I guess the plus would be better.
                            www.southernjewishprincess.com

www.funnynotslutty.com

Comment

I'm another one that swears by Not Your Daughter's Jeans (NYDJ). I wish I could afford about five more pair! They hold my tummy in comfortably and don't sag in the butt after wearing them for twenty minutes, or all day.

Comment

Working...
                              X