Baby food question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby food question

I have a pear tree and it is READY. I wanted to do the ice cube tray thingy with the pears for my baby to use at a later date, but soon figured out u can only keep them for one month. Then I looked into canning the pears to use at a later date to make baby food. The was let down because of the fear of botulism from canned fruit. Soooo...now what should I so? Either way my fruit is worthless to my little guy in the future. Here I thought I was all green and healthy. Dang it. I can only eat and give away so many pears. I pooper scoop most into the garbage. LOL. DH doesn't eat pears...go flippin figure.

ps...to all who don't know my baby is due in Nov. So there isn't even a BABY yet! And tons of pears. :P
    www.thenewmommiezblend.blogspot.com

Re: Baby food question

Xmas gifts at work, soup kitchens, next door neighbor or skeet shooting...lol
    "Copykat Chat Forums" on Facebook, look it up!

E-Foo

Comment

I guess my real question would be why can you only keep them frozen for one month? I have meat in my freezer waay longer than that. And numerous other things. Would the nutrients go away? I don't get it.

I am def bringing some to work and unloading some onto my dad. Who wants some?!

Comment

I don't see why you could not freeze them longer than one month. the only problem I see is I think you aren't supposed to feed babies any food or cereal until they are like 6 months old according to peditricians(Personally I would start earlier) If you do make the pear sauce, you will need to really puree the pears, if they are stringy, you may have to strain it. Then I would double bag the pear cubes in the good zip loc bags.

Comment

Thank you. I was thinking that in my head, but thought maybe that everyone would gasp and think I was horrible. But don't you think even if I sorta introduced just pears (read all over the internet and in books that pears are easily introduced even b4 6 months due to their digestive qualities) around 4-6 months along with cereal, etc. that maybe they wouldn't be good? I guess I was just confused about what would be wrong. I could understand if it was nutrients or freezer burn, but I just can't find why anywhere. And yes the bun is still in the oven so it's gonna be a while b4 he eats pears or anything like that. I was just outside tossing tons of them into the trash.

Comment

Richelle just wanted to give you a website for later use with your baby
            www.wholesomebabyfood.com
            Life is all about a$$; you're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, trying to get a piece of it, behaving like one, or you live with one.

Comment

Hey, Chef thanx. I was on that site and that was the one that steered me clear of utilizing my pear tree until a later date. I know I could always do this next summer. Which would put my baby around 9 months in August and my tree is ready around the end of August erly Sept. I was just all excited to do this now and ahead of time sans baby. My mother made my baby food and I wish she were around for me to ask all of these goofy questions to. My MIL isn't the most suzy homemaker so you guys get all my goods. LOL. Do I scream first time mom or what?! That site looked really cool, though. I bookmarked it.

Comment

Originally posted by Richelle7377 View Post
                Hey, Chef thanx. I was on that site and that was the one that steered me clear of utilizing my pear tree until a later date. I know I could always do this next summer. Which would put my baby around 9 months in August and my tree is ready around the end of August erly Sept. I was just all excited to do this now and ahead of time sans baby. My mother made my baby food and I wish she were around for me to ask all of these goofy questions to. My MIL isn't the most suzy homemaker so you guys get all my goods. LOL. Do I scream first time mom or what?! That site looked really cool, though. I bookmarked it.
                I made all my baby food for my youngest. She loved yogurt and I used it alot. As far as the pears, I have never hear of a 1 month rule. Why not use this crop of pears for you and hubby, christmas gifts like pear honey, etc.
                Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

Working...
                X