Speaking of Neighbors...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking of Neighbors...

So my parents are in a nice neighborhood, Historic Norcross area. The house next to them needs a lot of work. The family that was there started remodelling and did not finish. Old roof, pluming, etc...House sold.

So two Indian women (not Native American) bought it. They wear the head scarf things and all. They rented it out to a young lady, about 24. My Dad told the girl it was a fixxer upper, not good for a lady unless she likes to do construction work, but it was too late, lease was signed. So Dad and another neighbor tried to help her with all that was breaking...New landlords did not take care of anything or get things working like they said they would. Dad reported them to the city 3 times becasue rats are getting everywhere from never mowing once.

Young lady gets a phone call one morning...Are you going to work today, or will you be at home? From the Indian ladies. She says she will go to work.

While she is at work a man is seen by another neighbor entering the house. Was thought to be a worker. House went up in flames shortly after!

Firemen told Dad that they instantly thought it was arson because it started on two floors. An innocent fire starts on one floor. They have had crews I'd think they have some evidence.

The nerve! Can you imagine how dumb these women are? Calling the young woman to make sure she would not be home. Amateur arsonist. I hope they go to jail! I dont think they will though. We hope the firemen contacted the insurance agency. Probably did. What if the lady had a puppy at home, or the fire spread to other homes?
    www.southernjewishprincess.com

www.funnynotslutty.com

Re: Speaking of Neighbors...

That is awful!!

Comment

That is mean. Those ladies renting it thought they would be OK and now this, the probably lost so much. Hope they did have ins. Still mean. We got so many forclosures here, expensive areas, people getting in & ripping out copper pipes & appliances. Very sad. They tell us to keep an eye on vacant houses in the neighborhood, but most people are busy with their lives and don't do it. These properties are just getting a beating. Even got home owner assoc. and still it's a mess. What can they do with foreclosures?? Make the bank keep it up. People behind me their yard is a real mess, hear young males back there, I think their parents are away for the summer to get out of heat in Az. I can call home owners but I think parents will be back soon when it cools off, then the yard will be kept up. Lived here 4 yrs and they do keep it up. Once parents come back they will get it done.

Comment

That's horrible. What about everything that the young woman owns. Or use to! At 24 I seriously doubt that she can afford to replace things. I wonder if she had renters insurance. But still, when you loose everything, it's everything. Pictures, high school momentos, love letters, pressed flowers, jewlery. Most 24 yr olds have a ton of stuff that is close to their heart and not replaceable. I hope those 2 women never see a penny and go broke on lawyer fees trying to stay out of prison.

Comment

I don't know if the girl gets paid since it was arson, like she would have to sue the ladies instead? But I just bet the firemen reported to the ladies insurance and not the girl's. Except if the insurance looks up public records as a rule, I'm sure it would say things about an investigation. I don't know if she had insurance.

She was actually driving up with new furniture when the firemen were there. She did not have it all decked out but I'm sure many of her personal things were there already.

The ladies bought it to rent out or sell. They were never going to live there. They rented it out within 6 weeks of buying it.

www.funnynotslutty.com

Comment

un believe able...

they should have torched it before that sweet young lady moved in.

how long ago was this? did they find out it was the home owners?
            I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Fire was about a month ago. My parents said some firemen came back to test stuff a few times and said they suspected arson and that was it. They are not mowing the lawn so my Dad has complained.

I think the girl was dumb to move there anyway. It was in bad shape already. I'm sure her rent was dirt cheap. If it sounds to good to be true...She is 24 not 14. Regardless of a dumb move, she did not deserve a fire!

There was a lot of smoke and if the wind blew the other way my parents would have smoke smell/damage. It went into tree on another side instead. Lots of trees around, could have been bad.

www.funnynotslutty.com

Comment

Originally posted by southernjewishprincess View Post
                Fire was about a month ago. My parents said some firemen came back to test stuff a few times and said they suspected arson and that was it. They are not mowing the lawn so my Dad has complained.

I think the girl was dumb to move there anyway. It was in bad shape already. I'm sure her rent was dirt cheap. If it sounds to good to be true...She is 24 not 14. Regardless of a dumb move, she did not deserve a fire!

There was a lot of smoke and if the wind blew the other way my parents would have smoke smell/damage. It went into tree on another side instead. Lots of trees around, could have been bad.
                no, not too good to be true.
                my husband is currently at a house fire. he's been there since 9 am.
                must be bad.
                he's a volunteer firefighter, fire marshall here is town.
                he/we have seen arson many times, it's amazing how stupid people can be, and think that arson they can get away with it. burn patterns, evidence is still there.
                i know of two sure fire ways to create arson and not get caught.
                SSSHHHHH lol

many times others things are looked into, if a hosue fire is suspected of arson, then the fire marshall, authorities will pull pawn tickets, pull insurance records, see if 'you' have looked into new insurance lately, all of those things are recorded.
                even if you call and check on the status of your insurance, it's recorded.
                credit history.
                were your vaulables in the house when it was set on fire? family photos?

i guarantee these ladies are busted. the homeowners insurance company is in contact with the authorities. it's procedure.
                I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Working...
                X