X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you're a Christian, a question

I hope this doesn't go down in flames.

If you're a Christian and have accepted Jesus as your personal savior, what, if anything, can negate the promise Jesus makes to you once you receive His grace upon salvation? In other words, as a saved Christian, what would keep you out of heaven? I don't think there's anything a Christian can do to get salvation revoked.
    Behind every successful man is a surprised woman.

Re: If you're a Christian, a question

Originally posted by Sweet Pea View Post
    I hope this doesn't go down in flames.

If you're a Christian and have accepted Jesus as your personal savior, what, if anything, can negate the promise Jesus makes to you once you receive His grace upon salvation? In other words, as a saved Christian, what would keep you out of heaven? I don't think there's anything a Christian can do to get salvation revoked.

I was raised in a Baptist church and that is exactly how the Baptist believe, once saved always saved.

Comment

I;m a Baptist and we believe once saved, always saved. Read John 10:28-29
      I organize chores into catagories.
      Things I won't do now; things I won't do later; things I'll never do.

Comment

Yet, so many Christians would claim that if a Christian engages in certain unrighteous behavior, the promise of salvation is revoked. If I'm a gay man and have a gay relationship, then God won't allow me into the kingdom of heaven. Does that mean God saves us with conditions? And if God only forgives certain sins, why did Jesus suffer so horribly for us? Was he tortured to death so he could wash clean only the little sins? Not the big ones? That seems like a lot for Jesus to go through if things like homosexuality and mass murder don't count.

Comment

What if you are saved and then you allow your husband to rape your 13 year old girl and say nothing? You still go to heavenOr if you drink and drive over and over and kill someone. Still go to heaven?

Heaven does not have such great people then.
          www.southernjewishprincess.com

www.funnynotslutty.com

Comment

southernjewishprincess, It is clear from the past you don't like Christians but please respect other people's religious beliefs without the bashing.
            SouthernCookn
            Last edited by SouthernCookn; 09-21-2008, 11:50 AM.

Comment

I'm a Christian but have no doubt that I don't have all the answers. However, the way I understand it, that to go to heaven you have to accept Jesus as your saviour but that doesn't allow you to have free reign over sin. Don't excpect to go if you do horrible things to people. Remember the 10 commandments?
              Hopefully this is a topic that was posted to get some answers & not to intice arguments or bad feelings. Otherwise Steph will lock it.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthernCookn View Post
                southernjewishprincess, It is clear from the past you don't like Christians but please respect other people's religious beliefs without the bashing.
                Many of my favorite people are Christians but they will not impose their views inappropriately toward me. This is not a religious board, so if you can preach, expect some preaching back. It does not go one way.
                www.southernjewishprincess.com

www.funnynotslutty.com

Comment

Stop it with the religious, political or sexual babble. This board is a place to come to relax!! Besides, I gotta go to a WICAN meeting!! Just kidding...carry on....

Comment

that's hysterical Leah !!

it's Wiccan... hahahaha

I am a horrible speller, i shouldn't pick on you, but that was funny. i knew it was a joke when you spelled it wrong *giggle*
                    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

The title says it all. If you're not, why bother entering this thread and just move on or start your own thread. If the discussion doesn't appeal to you just ignore.

Comment

you know there's football on TV, how about trash talking about that....lol
                        "Copykat Chat Forums" on Facebook, look it up!

E-Foo

Comment

Jewishprincess, don't tell anyone, but I can't believe God would destroy anyone, even those of other faiths. ((((Hugs))))

Comment

Hi Leah!!
                            Come Join Me Whilst We Dance Unclothed Around My Apple Tree!!
                            Nit

Comment

I don't think SJP dislikes Christians in general. I'm Christian, and I know she likes me.
                              Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

Working...
                              X