X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what are you doing today?

i have no plans.

i should but I don't.
    the floors need to be mopped, and I am not sure if i even own a mop. housekeeper wasnt here last week, not sure when she will return, due to Ike. anyways, my floors need to be mopped... and i have a fun looking recipe for pea salad, so i think i might make that.

Dh is cooking dinner tonight, he's picked ribs. however he's currently at a house fire. so i may need a plan B.

what are your plans for today? anything more exciting than mopping floors and pea salad?
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Re: what are you doing today?

I went out to the grocery store to pick up the few things I need. Did some porch sitting since the weather is so beautiful. Made a dip to snack on for the Ravens' game, and I'm thinking of bathing beagle Princess before the game. The mobile groomer clipped and bathed the other dog last week.

Comment

what dip did you make?? mobile groomers are the best ever.
      our vet is a mobile vet. but i no longer need the mobile groomer
      I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

I'd love to have a mobile vet too! Fortunately, my vet's practice is only a couple of miles away, so I really shouldn't complain.

I no longer remember the exact ingredients of the dip as the recipe was originally given to me, but today (and it varies depending on what's on hand) I mixed an 8 oz pack of cream cheese, BIG glob of mayonnaise, freshly snipped garlic chives and parsley, 1 very finely chopped hard boiled egg, a few grindings of 3 pepper blend and a few shakes of hot sauce. It's surprisingly tasty.

Comment

wow.
          gotta say, every good dip starts with 8 ounces of cream cheese lol

i made a pizza dip while at my dads. first ingredent is cream cheese haha

Comment

We painted our shutters! Its amazing what a difference a $25 gallon of paint can make!

Comment

what color ?? i love fresh new paint.

Comment

Well we certainly have accomplished alot so far. We had GS stay all night, so took him out for breakfast, then delivered him to his house, then we went to the flea market, then we went and looked at freezers, and finally got one which will be delivered next Saturday. Now after I get off the computer, I will work on raking up more of those stupid twigs and limbs that came off the trees in our hurricane Ike last Sunday.

Comment

"Evening Hush", a really dark grey.

Comment

just sitting here being sick.......... around 4 or 5 I would like to get out to the store to pick up some stuff to make some pizzas for the Cowboy's game, I think I know what I have been doing wrong with my dough, all purposes flour don't have enough gluten in it, so I need to use wheat flour.
                    "Copykat Chat Forums" on Facebook, look it up!

E-Foo

Comment

Stella I noticed you were making a pea salad so I posted in T&T a Pea salad recipe from Knotts Berry Farm. My mil loved there salad and wrote them and the posted it in our local news paper. It is to die for. Hope you like it.
                      food gal

Comment

I'm leaving in a few to go meet up with my cousin from Cali who I haven't seen in a year. Her classes finished up this afternoon & she flies out early tomorrow morning.
                        Moderation. Small helpings. Sample a little bit of everything. These are the secrets of happiness and good health. ~ Julia Child

Comment

thanks food gal !!!

Comment

Foodgal, that looks like the recipe my mom makes, everyone loves it. I'm not a pea person, so I don't know how it tastes! lol

Spent the day in DFW area yesterday, GF and I left about 9 yesterday, got home about 6:30 yest evening. Went to Pendrey's got some stuff, went to Penzey's got some stuff, got stuck in traffic for 2.5 hrs no exit to get off and turn around, just stuck there, 4 lanes went down to 1 lane on I30! We were going to go to Traders Village a huge flea market, but due to the traffic, didn't go. I passed a Whole Foods store, hadn't been in one before so we went inthere and drooled all over everything! lol

Since I didn't buy groceries Fri or Sat, went to Wal-mart this morning, mostly had to get DH's lunch stuff. Need ziplock baggies the most, and of course, that's the one thing I didn't get! lol. Finished last 2 loads of laundry, Going to vegetate for awhile then start supper.

Comment

I just got back from a very HOT two hour dog obedience class that my K-9 trainer friend is holding. This was #1 out of 6 classes and WOW, my Murphy is doing great already! He was a little afraid of some of the obstacle course things, but we finally got him to try most of them with some coaxing and reassuring.

We also put one of those prong collars on him and it's made such a difference too. I used to think they are harmful and inhumane, but they really aren't. Actually, they are much better than a plain old choker chain on the dog because they seem to know better when to stop pulling with the prongs and it's only a little pinch. Can't wait to see what all we learn in the future classes. I'm off to do some relaxing now.......Murphy has already crashed big time!!!!
                              The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

Working...
                              X