No announcement yet.

anyone have jessica seinfelds cookbook?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone have jessica seinfelds cookbook?

All about adding purees of veggies to everyday foods, you know to punch up the nutrional value. You keep purees on hand in the freezer at all times, in "single serve" type bags.
    I purchased it on the advice of DS's nutritionalist and I must say it's quite appealing.

I'll read up more and let you know how it ends...

Re: anyone have jessica seinfelds cookbook?

Totally not trying to hijack your thread, but if you can keep purees on hand in the freezer why can't I keep frozen pears for my baby?! LOL. How long do YOU keep them in the freezer? I want this book, but don't know anyone who has it either. There is another gal who has an almost identical book. Member it was all in the news for a bit. Or maybe I just read too many gossip mags. LOL.
    www.thenewmommiezblend.blogspot.com

Comment

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=jessica+seinfeld%27s+recipes&spell=1

Comment

I remember when her book came out there was some questions about her "borrowing" from another cookbook author, but I guess they worked that out.

My problem w/ the book was the "hiding" of veggies inside sweet baked goods to get your kids to eat veggies disguised as brownies! My young friend, whose son has pretty bad eating habits, was all hot on it, but the boy was eating cookies every day w/ some carrots in them.

Granted, I didn't have kids who were picky about food, but I keep telling my young friend that if she only keeps foods in the house that she wants her son to eat and NONE of the ones she doesn't... there won't BE an issue!!

My former MIL used to tell me to hide things in ex-husband's food. The man was 35 years old, for cripes sake. I told her he could eat what I cooked or not eat... but I wasn't HIDING veggies in his food!!
        "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Actually Luvs, DS's nutrientalist said to purchase the book becasue its a great way to get AN ADDITIONAL serving of fruits or veggies into them, not to HIDE them.
          She feels we use so many "short cuts" that are FILLED with perservatives, that its making us sick (as a country, that is). From what Im reading...it's just a healthy cooking method. (IMHO, that is )

I can see how some people would take advantage of that, and sneak things in. I personally have 2 great kids who LOVE their veggies.

Comment

Yeah, I saw that "cookie" recipe. I think that mother is being lazy and giving in. (SORRY!) You need to let the child try an item 15 TIMES before they decided they like it!!!! We were programmed (hot wired) to be leary of new food items...its mother nature at work

Comment

Well, if it's a matter of making stuff even healthier, I'm all for it...

I was lucky to be a SAHM and baked all our fun stuff... no purchased cookies and baked goods in our house! And all my kids love to cook/bake. We just didn't have the junk in the house for the kids to gripe over...
              "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Working...
              X