Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mug cake questions

ok, i'ma make this tonight,
    question one, 4 tablespoons flour, that is regular flour? not self rising?

question two. I don't have any frosting, is there a quick something I can whip up for frosting?
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Re: mug cake questions

i found this recipe, for frosting.

1 tablespoon and 1/2 teaspoon shortening
    1 tablespoon and 1/2 teaspoon butter, softened
    1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/2 cup and 1 tablespoon and 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
    1 teaspoon milk

this should be small enough, don't want too much left over or I would be eating it by the spoonfuls lol
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

ok.

they were gross.

haahha

DD16 made one as well and said it had the texture of styrofoam. it was hard and difficult to eat. perhaps my microwave cooks differently. maybe ill try it one more time cooking for a little less than 3 minutes.

my microwave is an oven and a microwave, bakes cookies, and can be a toaster oven.
      maybe it cooks differently?

Comment

I think the recipe is for 1000 whatever? If your oven cooks higher than that on HIGH, Maybe cut it back to Medium High

Comment

somewhere i will have to find that on the microwave, i don't know where to find the power level. other than high etc.

it's different than a reg microwave. i might have to pull out the manual on this one.

Comment

I think you may have over baked it. Also the recipe I have just says you can top it with ice cream, cool whip or syrup. That may make it a little less dry.

Comment

found this site with charts

http://www.microwavecookingforone.com/Charts/ChartSpecial.html

I'm not sure about the wattage for this recipe. I think I remember it on one of the sites I found this recipe on, but I'm not sure.

My oven has a output of 700W and I did mine for 3 minutes and it was just right. My oven is a '86 though, so your wattage is probably a lot higher.

I forgot to add. You should have a little plate somewhere on your oven that has the output info. Mine is inside the door (on the oven part) right behind the hinges
              Last edited by AllieK; 09-21-2008, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X