Mary Tyler Moore emmy dress??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary Tyler Moore emmy dress??

I love her but that dress was made for someone in their 20's-30's maybe early 40's, she looked so bad. Skinny arms hanging out. Why didn't she have a dress with sleeves to cover up her aging arms. I know I'm in the 50's and would never even think of wearing something like that. She is very thin but still with her age. How old is she?

Re: Mary Tyler Moore emmy dress??

I think she is in her 70's. Or she is getting close to it....
    Her thinness comes from diabetes I think.
    I feel as women age they look younger by wearing clothes that are flattering rather than fashionable. I think they look younger when they can pick out clothing and make-up that is becoming to their age group.
    Just an opinion....
    Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Do you think she looked good in that dress? I didn't. I think she should have sleeves or something to hide her arms, she really didn't look good, Betty White was dressed so nice for her age.

Comment

I didn't see it and can't find a picture of it. Do you have the link?

Comment

I love Oprah, but hers too seemed to be an all around night for bad dresses (except for Tina Fay.)

Comment

I have to agree. But I have seen her in a couple of things over the last 10 years and she has always been dresses well below her actual age and has always looked ridiculous.

There comes a time when a woman just has to give in to Mother Nature and age gracefully. Besides the dress, she really looked like she had 'Youth' in a strangle hold and wasn't going to let go.

And Betty White was absolutely beautifully clothed and coifed. What a difference between the two women.
            Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Ok...I finally found the picture, and yes, I agree. She's still so pretty, but she could have worn something more flattering for someone her age.

Comment

I did not watch the show, trying to find a picture, but maybe she is trying to look young , because she is married to a much younger man? I am talking about Mary Tyler Moore now. After a certain age it is best to cover your upper arms. JMHO
                I googled, she was born December 29, 1936. So she is almost 72 years old.

Comment

Mary Tyler moore is a lovely lady for sure!
                  The dress was nice, but not a good pick for an older woman.
                  JMHO.
                  Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Working...
                  X