Great gift for friends going through Breast Cancer treatment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great gift for friends going through Breast Cancer treatment

A friend sent me a Breast Cancer care package that contained the book, "Uplift, Secrets from the Sisterhood of Breast Cancer Survivors." The author is Barbara Delinsky. It is a paperback so pretty inexpensive. It is full of positive thoughts and stories from those who have been there. It is easy to read - which I did while undergoing weeks of radiation treatments. I still pick it up and flip through it from time to time - almost a year later. Again, it is positive and feels like you have friends who understand what you are going through.

Re: Great gift for friends going through Breast Cancer treatment

Best wishes to you Smokey.
    I can only imagine what an ordeal you have overcome!
    Thank-you for sharing this idea with us.
    Keep up your spirits my friend! God Bless you!
    Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion. We have a couple of church members who are going through this right now. I am going to check into ordering or finding this book for them. Would this be a good book for my friend Rebecca that was diagnosed with Stage 4 Lung Cancer? She has been going through lots of chemo and radiation and I am looking for books that will be good for her soul...

((((((Smokey)))))) I did not realize you were battling breast cancer. God Bless you and prayers for a quick recovery.. You will be in my thoughts and prayers....
      Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

(((SMOKEY))).. God Bless YOU!

This is a perfect gift for my GF.. who has been so very courgeous thru the last year with her treatments. I will get a copy of this sent to her ASAP...

And to you.. best of luck and I will keep you in my prayers~~
        Tessa

Comment

No, Lauren, it really wouldn't be appropriate for someone with lung cancer. All of the submitted stories and comments are from breast cancer survivors, their families and friends. Lung cancer is really hard. Will keep your friend in my prayers. Will keep all of the cancer folks in my prayers.

The book is about $11.00 on Amazon. It is in paperback. It came in a basket from a company that makes up gifts for breast cancer patients. Included were ginger drops (for nausea) and some pink, soft footies and a bottle of lotion. The book was the best.

I am not a support group person but I did join one. It really helps. Just simple things that you aren't told by medical folks. I was taking a long airplane trip and one woman said I should get compression sleeves for my arms. I had three nodes removed from each side. I had no idea. Also, how to deal with the treatments or side effects. Everyone's journey is unique. It does help to talk to those who have been there. I didn't have that during my treatments and that is why I liked the book so much.

Comment

Working...
          X