I am serious about the postings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am serious about the postings

As you know I do mean business when it comes to the racially, belief systems (religion), politically based, as well as gender preference threads.

You will initially get a warning for posting to threads, then you will get an infraction. They will last for 10 days from the time I catch and then give the infraction. You will get a 10 day infraction for starting the threads in question.

Stephanie

Re: I am serious about the postings

Thank-you for the warning Stephanie...
    Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

What is "gender Preference" ?
      I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

I think she means sexual preference Chocolate Moose.
        Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Sorry Stephanie, I didn't realize that re-posting a news tidbit was the wrong thing. My bad.

Comment

Please keep up the good work Stephanie. This forum is so nice because we don't get into "pissing contests" over these very emotional topics. Thanks for the good work.

Comment

Originally posted by Suwannee Terry View Post
              Please keep up the good work Stephanie. This forum is so nice because we don't get into "pissing contests" over these very emotional topics. Thanks for the good work.
              But we DO get into pissing contests... me included! I get worked up sometimes and Steph's ban consequence is appicable recently... for me too!! Thanks again, Steph, for keeping us on our polite toes!!
              "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Some of my posts are more feminine in nature, like makeup and nails - is that not okay any more ?

Comment

Hmmm I can't give a specific listing of things that are ok.

Hypothetically would you look at the person sitting next to you in say a business meeting, and point to someone else and say they are gay? I would hope not.

Would you tell the owner of your company that their political beliefs remind you of someone who is mentally ill?

Would you tell your co-worker that their religious/faith beliefs are wrong?

I would hope all of these answers would be no I would not do these things.

Stephanie

Comment

Personally, I see nothing wrong with talking about who's gay and who isn't. That isn't saying anything derogatory about the person. I saw no reason for closing the Clay Aikin thread. JMO I was wanting to add to the thread that he is awesome singer and entertainer, gay or not. Makes no difference.

I just posted that Suzie Orman is gay before reading this thread, so I'm guessing I'll be gone for awhile.

I'm going to be afraid to post anything from here on out.
                    Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

nevermind...
                      I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Stella, sounds like you had something to say there.....

Beatlebette, it seems like the a few rotten apples continually want to stir the pot and make derogatory remarks. It really gets old trying to get people to behave civially with rules when they should be doing that anyway.

It gets old between the remarks that are said to incite others, and then some people get their feelings hurt.

If you feel like you need to be fearful, that is kind of sad. But again this really should be a food related board. There are plenty of other boards out there where you can discuss whatever you desire.

StephanieM

Comment

Oh...you mean Gender ORIENTATION ! Not that we can't discuss nail polish !!!!!

I gotcha. Mums the word here. It's Stephanie's board; I will comply.

Comment

Ok, I understand where you're coming from, Stephanie. I really never realized though that CK was supposed to be only food and household oriented. I do now.
                            Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.

Comment

This board has never been a soap box for those who have agenda's that point out differences in politics, religion, sexual orientation, or anything else that would call attention or to what makes someone different. The spirit of this board is about inclusion and what brings us together, in this case it is food/cooking/restaurants/enjoyment of eating. Yep, other topics are spoken about, but again it isn't the purpose of the board to facilitate much more than something related to food. I don't know why this is so hard to convey.

StephanieM

Comment

Working...
                              X