Screwed UP!! or sideways!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screwed UP!! or sideways!!

Well I fell the other day and broke one of the screws that holds one of the plates. Broke the dang thing in half! It is about an 1 inch to 1 1/2 inch long one. The top of the screw is turned a bit sideways. So I am in a lot of pain. Have to go way back in Physical therapy to just the basics because moving my foot hurts unbelievably.
    The doc said we would see if it settled down and heal around the new place the screw is in. If not he will go in and take out the broken one. And what ever.

Huffle
    God grant me the serenity to accept the yarn I cannot return... courage to change the yarn I can... and the reciept to know the difference.

Re: Screwed UP!! or sideways!!

So sorry to hear of your mishap. My goodness this sounds painful indeedy! My thoughts and prayers are with you. Hope you can see your way through this without any other misfortunes.
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

Aw, I'm sorry you're in pain, Huffle! Hope you are better soon.
      I have kleptomania, but when it gets bad, I take something for it.

Comment

Oh, man.. that sux!! I hope he will not have to go back in.... So, are you feeling pretty good otherwise? Eugene asks about you from time to time. Have you moved yet?
        Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

My boss's wife had the same type surgery as you about 2 months before you did, and about the same lenghth of time she broke 2 of her screws, had to go in and have them replaced. Makes me wonder if that's fairly common for that type surgery or not.

Good luck, let me know if you need anything, I'll call Lauren to get it for you!!! lol

Comment

Oh Huffle, I'm sorry to hear about this, let's hope they can fix it fast without going in there again. Please update us and let us know.

Comment

awwww Sweetie! That just sucks. 20-some years ago, DH had ligament surgery, fell about a year later, never thought much about it, but when he wanted to have surgery to remove the pin/staple/whatever, they found that one of the prongs had broken and had migrated from the front/side of his knee to the back. Took them an hour in surgery to find the thing and he now has a 6 inch scar behind his knee. (But then if he hadn't wanted the pin removed, lord knows where that broken piece might have ended up)

((((HUGS)))) and a gentle pat to your boo-boo.
              Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Sorry to hear that Huffle! Man, I cringe to think of that kind of pain!!! Wishing you a speedy recovery!
                Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Huffle, I am sorry for your pain, I know it has to be terrible. You are in my prayers...
                  Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

UGH... I'm so sorry, Huffle... feel better soon and be gentle in PT!!
                    "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

I am so sorry to hear about your mishap Huffle. Of course now I am in fear that one day I'll fall (something I do far to frequently) and break one of the screws in my ankle. I thought they were stronger than that.

Comment

Working...
                      X