google is not my friend today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• google is not my friend today

I am trying to find a list of "rules" for donating a kidney, and a list of rules, for receiving a kidney. something like you cannot donate if you are diabetic, or if you are 99 years old? something?

I keep getting all sorts of other sites but the one i am looking for.
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Re: google is not my friend today

Google loves me Stella. Try this site

http://www.chop.edu/consumer/jsp/division/generic.jsp?id=81099

Comment

man.... google betrayed me. i cannot believe that lol

thanks for the link. *muah*

( know it all at work said i could no longer receive or donate a kidney because I have a tattoo now)
      I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

A tattoo would ruin your chances of receiving/donating a kidney? Why, did you go to a disreputable place and they used dirty needles? That is a stupid thing to say.

Comment

it was in an alley at night, but the tent seemed to be ok. he did have a good looking all shiney sterile looking machine... also heard that if you have a tramp stamp (lower back tattoo) then you cannot get an epidural. however I was never lucky enough to get one in the first place, and won't need one, for child birth.

people are crazy. i knew it sounded stupid when she said it.

Comment

The all important questions Stella - did he spit on the needle first to get it lubricated or did he just start jabbing away? The spit should have sterilized the spot

Comment

he did, you know kevin?? yellow rose tattoos in huntsville texas?
              he is amazing !!

i should have got a piercing there too...

Comment

They Probably Want You To Wait A Specific Amount Of Time After A Tattoo, Just To Make Sure No Diseases Were Passed On Thru The Needle. Some Diseases Don't Show Up For 6-12 Yrs, Or More Actually. But I Bet That's Old, Because Tattoo Places Are Pretty Well Controlled/watched Over For Their Cleanliness (sp?) But Jail House Tattoo's Are Different. You Don't Have One Of Those Do You Stella??? Lol

Comment

not anymore I had it removed.

Comment

I am shocked, you have a tatoo Stella j/k so what is it and where ?? Inquiring minds want to know?

Comment

hey sabine lol
                      yea i posted about it.
                      it was a wild girly weekend. last weekend in may, karen and i met in huntsville, on a whim we got tattoos.

I got a butterfly on top of my foot, she got a small cross on her ankle.

HOWEVER
                      my butterfly is beautiful and perfect in every way and i really like it, i can show it if i want too and i can easily hide it as well, many shoes will cover it, i can put a quarter over it and just a little bit of the wings peek out.

karen on the other hand...
                      no, turns out the poor girl is allergic to the ink.
                      her's oozed, bleed, scabbed over for a solid 6 weeks. she was on pret-na-zone
                      for 15 days... 3 doctor appointments.
                      today, her fuschia pink tattoo with the skinny black outline, is not peach, grey and fuzzy with a tad bit of pink in the corners. it looks terrible.
                      i have pics, lemme grab some i'll post them.

Comment

My DH donated a kidney so that I could get a kidney 5 years ago and he has my name, a heart and our anniversary date tattooed on his wrist and he had that tattoo at the time he donated.
                        Believe in your abilities - amateurs built the ark, professionals built the Titanic

Comment

I have a neighbor who got a kidney from her husband, early this year, and she seems to be doing fine. I see her walk all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Stella View Post
                            hey sabine lol
                            yea i posted about it.
                            it was a wild girly weekend. last weekend in may, karen and i met in huntsville, on a whim we got tattoos.

I got a butterfly on top of my foot, she got a small cross on her ankle.

HOWEVER
                            my butterfly is beautiful and perfect in every way and i really like it, i can show it if i want too and i can easily hide it as well, many shoes will cover it, i can put a quarter over it and just a little bit of the wings peek out.

today, her fuschia pink tattoo with the skinny black outline, is not peach, grey and fuzzy with a tad bit of pink in the corners. it looks terrible.
                            LOL Stella, Yes, I remember now that you posted about it. Sorry your friend's didn't turn out good. I didn't know that you could be allergic to the ink maybe she should consider having it removed ??

Comment

Originally posted by Stella View Post

Now that would have absolutely freaked me out!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X