Honey-do List--------say What??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honey-do List--------say What??????

How DO you get YOUR items on the Honey-Do list done rather than your DH doing only the things HE adds on there?

My DH is great. But by golly - he can flat out ruffle my feathers with this subject! I want certain things done too - that I cannot do only he can do. And I have even suggested getting someone else to do them, just to tick him off enough to do them. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

So - what is your secret?
    I really want to know!

Re: Honey-do List--------say What??????

I don't have that problem, LOL. SO is not mechanically inclined whatsoever. Don't ask the man to put a nail in the wall, or change a lightbulb etc. never mind bigger things. So if I can't do it myself, I go my list of service people and hire someone to do it. Things get done that way,

Comment

I would rather do that - than frustrate myself with this issue!

Ugh......

Comment

I usually don't have a problem with this but when I do I just complain until he does it..........LOL!!!

Comment

Ha ha... when I was married to my first husband, I gave him the job of taking out the trash... which he never did... so I did it myself. The last job I gave him was to change burnt out lightbulbs.

Downstairs in our family room there were about 10 recessed lights on the ceiling. NONE of them worked. There were big long lightbulbs in our huge kitchen. One of about 6 worked.

His mother (my MIL) came to visit and couldn't BELIEVE I'd be so passive agressive to live in the dark or bring in small lamps rather than change the lightbulbs myself! It was his ONLY job in the house!!!
          "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Your MIL was probably partly to blame for your ex being so lazy!

My DH is great - just won't do MY things.
            He'll do HIS things.
            And if the kids need something, will drop everything and take care of it right then.

But me..............ugh!

Once took me 6 months to get him to hang a mirror and a pot rack.
            I couldn't do it because the pot rack had to be so high and hung a special way, due to dif level ceiling.
            The mirror was very heavy and pricey and I wouldn't take the chance of it falling & breaking.

It took every bit of 5 minutes for each of these things.

So his joke with me when I ask him how long it will take him to do blah, blah, blah......he says "6 months and 5 minutes".

Ugh................smart-alec!

Comment

So what would his reaction be if you hired someone to do what he is not doing? What he be upset? Get mad?

Comment

I Made A Honey Do List Last Year That I Wanted Dh To Do Over The Winter, I Think There Were 6 Items On The List. Dh Got Two Of Them Done. I Started A List Again This Year And The Ones Not Finished Are On The Top Of The List.
                SHEL

Comment

Sabine - Yes, he'd be upset. I'm sure.
                  He's particular about how he wants things done. And he can do almost anything. He amazes me.
                  And I understand he just wants to "chill" and I have no problem with that. But I just want some specific things done.........
                  I must think on this some more........ hee! hee!

And yes - add them to the top of yet another list!

Comment

*grin* I'll wait a little while for dh to do it, and when I get tired of waiting, I'll attempt to do it myself. I usually mess it up worse than it was before, so he has to clean up after my mess. He's kind of learned how far he can push things.

Comment

I went the "do-it-myself" route a couple of times.
                      Hurt myself, was in pain for a week. Stupid back. I paid the price.

Guess it's no biggie...........but I'll figure out a new plan..............

Comment

DH is a work-aholic, he can't sit still, he's puttering around his shop or doing something in the house. If there's something that needs done, he usually does it, but..... on those occ he puts it off, I start doing it, and he takes over! lol

Comment

Might try that again.......just be more careful this time...........

Comment

Maybe date you items all the list so he can clearly see what is 6 months old so he invests the 5 minutes. My DH is just as bad, hates for me to hire one but puts things off forever.

Comment

Nope,,,I have no secret,,I wish I knew one
                              I'll tell ya what kinda guy my hubby is:
                              A jug of some sort of mildew remover crap was left on the top step outside my porch the other day, just like 'right there', in the way. Everyone walked around it, totally irked me,,,no one would move it,,oh, and then there was the hammer right beside it,,,ugh. So, today, I moved both to right in the middle of the step figuring the owner would move it,,,nope, there it stayed, all my DS's and DH continued to walk around it!!!! Finally! I said "Who owns this jug of whatever and the hammer"???? DH claims they were his, and they were supposed to be going down to the basement. So, I said "Well, I have to take some stuff down too so I'll take it with me when I go" End of story, what needs to be done I always end up doing it, and DH always has good intentions but, is slow in getting around to accomplishing them. Hmmmmm
                              A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Working...
                              X