Movie Galary Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie Galary Update

Dh and I went there yesterday and the manager was there. She was able to go get the signature paper, which had the date, time, and get this, there were 3 games checked out that day. Two of them were returned on the 23rd (after they started calling us). One was not.
    The signature was a jumbled-up mess (of course). But, we may have a idea who it is. My dh has a brother that has a teenage son named Justin. The signature "could have been" Justin. Dh is trying to get ahold of his brother now.
    We asked the lady how someone was able to charge on an account without the card and she told us that unless the card was present, a ID had to have been produced with the last 4 digits of a phone number. I told her that there was no card present, so why wasn't a ID number down on the paper? She just kept saying that she didn't know. We then asked her who was working that evening (6:23 pm.) and all she said that it was an employee...but the way she said it was kind of funny (voice trailed off at the end like she had just remembered something).
    We asked her what happens if we can never find out who did it...who pays for it. She told us that she would have to take that up with her manager.
    Now, we have to go ask a brother if him or his son is a thief. Dh's brother is one of the nicest, most honest people we know. This is not going to be easy to accuse his son of something and then ask him to pay...if it turns out to be his son.

Re: Movie Galary Update

good to hear there's some headway here.
    is there a camera? surely they have a security camera?
    perhaps that day is erased already?

has justin been around the house? to have access to the card? how old is justin?

oh good gracious, how many questions is that??
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

NO, we barely know Justin. He is around 16 and my youngest is 26 so they never really got to know each other. MY dh's brother just went through a messy divorce and he found out Justin wasn't his biologically, and the mom had him after the divorce. Turns out they could not handle him, so brother just took him in. It may have been around when this all happened. I'm thinking that before Justin went to live with his father, he may have checked these out and then when he left wherever he was at, he left the games behind. Maybe on the 23rd he got to go back to wherever and he got the games and turned 2 of them in. IF, he had anything to do with it at all.

Comment

it adds up. but it is difficult to bring up, but i bet his brother will be more than willing to get to the bottom of it as well.

wow

do you have a copy of the signature?
        I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Did they give you a copy of the signature that you can show DH's brother? I'd start out telling him your not accusing anyone of anything, just trying to find out what happened to save you money/time and being able to rent a movie again. Good luck. I'd make sure that the movie galary has a note on your account only those with a card can rent. And just because they have the same last name, doesn't mean they are a member of your "immediate" family, in your household.

Comment

We asked for a copy, but they didn't have a scanner...just a printer hooked up to the cash register. Maybe I should take my scanner there and hook it up. LOL
            We'll try and get them to go there with us to look at the signature.
            If it turns out to be nephew, he is going to explain how it was done. Then if that employee didn't follow company procedure, I bet she wouldn't have a job anymore and the company will have to tighten up. Either way, I still think we should contact main offeice and complain about how they do things. This is someone's credit we are talking about. They should be more careful with it.

Comment

Originally posted by AllieK View Post
              Now, we have to go ask a brother if him or his son is a thief. Dh's brother is one of the nicest, most honest people we know. This is not going to be easy to accuse his son of something and then ask him to pay...if it turns out to be his son.
              The kid is 16... didn't you try to get away w/o paying for something at that age? I sure did (will refrain from details... ha ha). If Justin did it, it's okay to expect him to pay for it, or brother, who is raising him. Everyone makes mistakes... don't be too quick to label him a thief... please!!
              "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

doesn't make it right.
                plus this isn't her kid, its a nephew who they don't know all that well.
                can't say i ever stole someone else's account stuff to try to get away with it.
                never used anyone else's membership, never had a fake id. and i never stole money, not from friends or parents. never stole from my parents. getting away with stuff, i skipped school one time, and thought the anxiety would kill me. tardy for school all the time. and back talked the teachers, since they were the stupid ones. lol

perhpas justin did this because of the distant relationship of them and he didn't think he'd get caught, if it's him, i hope he learns a lesson from this, or he's headed down a dangerous path.

Comment

Working...
                X