Freezer cookers!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freezer cookers!!

At the register yesterday, Taste of Home mag has a little mag for freezer cookers, 76 freezer handy recipes. It's one of the smaller 5x7 or so. All good looking recipes, a normal everyday household would cook.

Thought ya'll may want to know, just in case your looking for something new and different
    "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Re: Freezer cookers!!

yes !!! BARBIE TOLD ME OF THIS YESTERDAY. !!!!!!!!!!

haven't found it yet, i was only at kroger's and i was swamped yesterday.
    what store did you find it in ?
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

is it the same as this website??

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Preparation-Freezer
      I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

I'll Be Looking For This. Thanks
        SHEL

Comment

the web site, isn't all freezer cooking. some of those recipes are foods that are freezer friendly, and others like the chocolate dipped brownies, are not. they are only in the freezer for 30 minutes before dipping that's not freezer friendly. ya know?

and the pasta dish i looked at, bow tie pasta, it doesn't clearly tell you to cook al den te.
          ( not cooked completely still really firm in the middle but not crunchy) it just gives the recipe, and says from the freezer defrost and bake.

be careful with some of these from the web site, be sure to watch out for mayonnaise, and how you are cooking your noodles, you can alter them for a more freezer menu.
          there's a tator tot chili in there, but i am not too sure the recipe follows correctly, kids will love it. but i think the tots are prepared seperatly, and the cheese is added later.

i'll find the book today somewhere, and check it out. barbie has it, maybe she'll pop in and say how it is. she said it has 72 recipes in it, and they were pull out cards, just like TOH does.

Comment

I found it at United MarketStreet Supermarket. Let me know if you can't find one, I'll get you one.

Comment

thanks nu, you be the bestest ever !!!!!!!!

mark was in wal mart, i asked him to look for it, and it's there at the check out, he's on his way home.

thank you for offering. if i think of anything else you can send me i'll let you know lol

Comment

Originally posted by Stella View Post
                thank you for offering. if i think of anything else you can send me i'll let you know lol
                Yeah, do that, just let me know and it'll be on it's way!! lol

Comment

look at that, it has the taco stuffed shells on the cover.
                  we had those earlier this week. looked just like the cover lol .

Comment

Just got my copy @ Sams Club while grocery shopping and it's a nice little booklet!! However, Stella, with as many recipes that you have for freezer cooking, I'm not really sure there are that many "new" ones that you haven't tried or heard of before. But I don't want to take the fun out of it for you because you just never know!
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

it's nice to have the pretty pictures. there is new stuff, i just have to adjust them a little, to my prefrences.. (sp)
                      like the chicken pot pie, i would make up the filling and freeze flat in a ziplock, later thaw and pour into a pie shell and bake. i have to bake it anyways, i could prepare it and bake and freeze, but then the pie shell will get busted a little in the freezer,and the lower crust is different than if it was fresh, this book doesn't show it that way, vs, my most favorite site, www.30daygourmet.com

always always cook noodles til not quite done if it's going in the freezer...

Comment

Working...
                      X