X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• horrified again this weekend.

OMG

what was i thinking?? someone kick me.

i let my son paint our mail box. he asked, i agreed. i don't know why. thank goodness it's getting dark and not many will see it. as DH is buying a new one tonight. on his way to lowe's now.

ya'll.
    it was brown. brown post, brown box, faded red flag. he painted it in 3rd grade it was a cub scout project. he also painted a HUGE house number on the side in tan. 123
    very wide large 123 on the in tan of a brown box... granted it still there.
    tonight we come home and the neighbor is doing his, so he decides he is ready to change it, finally. sure man go for it.
    so he did. he and I went in the garage, i pulled out a light grey paint. for the box, a red for the flag, and a light green, light sage for the post. simple. go for it i said.

he comes in and said " the green is bad, can i use the darker green"
    sure. there were two out there, light sage and a darker sage.

he has now returned. happy and said it's all done, but the red is bad too. I said it's ok we'll get more tomorrow.

and the sweet sound of saturday ..................

i go out there and the little freak used the paint from HIS ROOM
    texans room.
    kelly green ( grass color) post. and a texans royal blue box. and no red flag.

bright screaming green, bright royal vivid blue box.
    horrible. horrible. embarrassing is the least of my worries.
    it will be gone by sun up.

i am certain some of you will come in with something, ugly, or turning this story, i don't care. i'm telling you it's ugly, not that the other one was bad, but it was a CUB scout project, and he has been proud of that. i was thankful he wanted to change it.
    one day i will laugh, but it's not today. and prolly not tomorrow either
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Re: horrified again this weekend.

Well, it could be worse, he could've painted some obscene picture on it!!!! LOL
    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

so i said to him. dude why you didn't use your sisters room paint?
      pink yellow lavender, give us a pinnk mail box, why didn't do that??? huh??

his reply "mom that would look really stupid"
      I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Look on the BRIGHT side..heh, heh, heh...(no pun intended)
        At least you will get your mail.....
        LOL!!!
        Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Harr-dee-har-har, Stella, ROTFL - I can see it in my little pea brain, and that's FUNNY!! You could leave it and make sure to tell all the neighbors he did it!!
          I have kleptomania, but when it gets bad, I take something for it.

Comment

I had to laugh and it think how special this is. Hope you took a pix.

Comment

LOL well, he tried and that was the main thing. Oh you will have a wonderful time telling that story years from now.

Comment

Originally posted by krubinic View Post
                Well, it could be worse, he could've painted some obscene picture on it!!!! LOL
                When my DS was that age, we had a crew repaving our streets and he and his friend thought it was necessary to spray paint a big penis on the side of the porta potty. Good thing I was the only one who caught them.

Comment

Originally posted by tastebud View Post
                  When my DS was that age, we had a crew repaving our streets and he and his friend thought it was necessary to spray paint a big penis on the side of the porta potty. Good thing I was the only one who caught them.
                  Oh, Lordy, Lord, tastebud, LOL!!! See, there ya go, Stella, that's just what I meant, hehe.

Maybe you should get him started on "formal" art lessons to set him on the right path to being the next Picasso or Andy Warhol...........I mean you just never know!!!!
                  The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

on another message board a friend said in her story " if this was happening to someone else I'd be laughing my butt off" i have to agree with her, if this mail box story was happening to someone else i'd totally be laughing my butt off.

one day i will, but it's not yesterday or today....

Comment

So how does the new one look? Enjoy it!
                      I have kleptomania, but when it gets bad, I take something for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X