Finally Reading this..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally Reading this..

And OMG!! It is SO GOOD! My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. So many of you raved about this book that I finally picked it up. I was afraid it was going to be too heavy and a downer, but it is so good I cannot put it down! Thanks to all of you for for putting a bee in my bonnet about this one!!

Any other good ones by her?
    Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Re: Finally Reading this..

I'm glad you like it, Lauren! It's one of my all-time favorite books & it's the first book of hers that I read. I can't wait to see the movie when it comes out this winter

The other books of hers that I've read are: The Pact, Nineteen Minutes, Change of Heart, & The Tenth Circle.
    Moderation. Small helpings. Sample a little bit of everything. These are the secrets of happiness and good health. ~ Julia Child

Comment

You and I have always been kinda on the same page when it comes to books Aysa.. (pun intended!) Did you really like the other ones too? What else have you read lately that you loved?
      Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I didn't find them as fast of a read as My Sister's Keeper was. It took me a bit to get into the Tenth Circle. The Pact was good & the ending was not what I expected. Change of Heart was very interesting (death row inmate wanting to donate his heart post-execution to his victim's sister). I love how she picks controversial topics & the way she tells the various stories. She's also a really nice person & very down-to-earth. I tend to go see her when she does her readings & book signings. She's one of our local celebrities so-to-speak.

I'm currently reading the Memory Keeper's Daughter....Have you read that one?
        Moderation. Small helpings. Sample a little bit of everything. These are the secrets of happiness and good health. ~ Julia Child

Comment

I have not, but I have seen it. Is it good? Did you ever read The Time Traveler's Wife? Awesome book. That is what I always think of when I see that title...
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Jodi Picoult is one of my fav authors - you should read Keeping Faith if you enjoyed My Sister's Keeper - another great read.

Comment

Thanks! I will look for that one!
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I've read a bunch of Jodi Piccoult and liked them all except the one where the woman left her abusive husband... that one was dumb. I liked The Memory Keeper's Daughter too. Another good writer is Anita Shreve... anyone read her books?
                "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Originally posted by LaurenB View Post
                  And OMG!! It is SO GOOD! My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult. So many of you raved about this book that I finally picked it up. I was afraid it was going to be too heavy and a downer, but it is so good I cannot put it down! Thanks to all of you for for putting a bee in my bonnet about this one!!

Any other good ones by her?

What's is about?

Comment

hi jana

Comment

I scared her.

Comment

I liked Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult. I thought The Pact was O.K. and did not like Vanishing Acts by her.

Comment

Originally posted by janabanana View Post
                          What's is about?

It's about a girl whose parents want her to donate a kidney to her ill sister.

I'll have to admit that The Tenth Circle wasn't one of my faves.
                          "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Originally posted by LaurenB View Post
                            I have not, but I have seen it. Is it good? Did you ever read The Time Traveler's Wife? Awesome book. That is what I always think of when I see that title...
                            I'm really finding it interesting & I seem to have a hard time putting it down. http://www.memorykeepersdaughter.com/

I have not read/heard of The Time Traveler's Wife. I'll have to check it out some time. Thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

Ok, putting The Memory Keeper's Daughter on my list to read. Looks really good.

Just finished My Sister's Keeper. Damn. That was AWESOME. One of the best books I think I have ever read.....and I have read a LOT of books!! It was amazing. IF you have not read this book, you simply MUST. I am passing it on to my girlfriend at work, who will then pass on to her Mother, and once it gets back to me, it will go to my Mom, and then my sister. They are last because I know it will take forever to get it back if I do get it back.

Asya, do read the Time Travelers' Wife. It was really, really, really good!!
                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X