san fran calif monday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• san fran calif monday

after noon. will be i bay area. walking distance to fisherman whaft. getting there about 5 pm. where are the must do places and things?

Re: san fran calif monday

Definitely go to Chinatown.
    link added http://www.bayareabackroads.com/LastWeeksShow/tabid/160/Default.aspx
    Last edited by wobin; 09-28-2008, 01:09 PM. Reason: add link

Comment

Have dinner at an Italian restaurant down at North Beach. We had a great dinner in the Financial area called Scott Howards. Breakfast at Sears is always wonderful. They have sourdough pancakes.

Comment

Do the Wharf, Pier 39, cable car ride too. Gotta eat a clam chowder bread bowl too. Joe's Crab Shack is great too, on the wharf. Try and do Alcatraz Island tour. Coit Tower is nice for a great view, and also do Lombard Street, the crooked street. And of course you can't leave SF without doing Chinatown..

Comment

Originally posted by janabanana View Post
          Do the Wharf, Pier 39, cable car ride too. Gotta eat a clam chowder bread bowl too. Joe's Crab Shack is great too, on the wharf. Try and do Alcatraz Island tour. Coit Tower is nice for a great view, and also do Lombard Street, the crooked street. And of course you can't leave SF without doing Chinatown..
          We did most the things jana suggests when we were in SF. Had a great time, but we regret not walking across the GG bridge. We drove to Monterey from SF and loved that. Saw the aquarium and that was awesome. I'd definitely recommend that area if you get a chance. Have fun whatever you do! And don't forget about Ghiradelli chocolates!!!

Comment

The aquarium just opened this weekend after being closed for years. (totally remodeled) I was in the city yesterday and drove the opposite part of town cause I figured it would be a lot of traffic in the park. The Folsom street fair was this Sun. too. That is a real eye opener LOL! ( lots of black leather and butt cheeks) LOL!
            I live not more than 20 minutes North west of the Golden Gate Bridge. Lived here all my life and have never walked across it. I keep saying I will someday. It was cold and foggy yesterday afternoon. You should be there in an hour, I hope you dressed warm.

Comment

Working...
            X