Bunco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bunco

Tonight Is The First Night Of Our Newly Formed Bunco Group. And I Have To Miss. I Have Plans With The Guys Here At Work To Can Sauerkraut. Hope They Have Fun.
    SHEL

Re: Bunco

Oh Come On Now, Which Is More Important, Bunco Or Canning Sauerkraut????

Think Of Your Priorities!!! Lol

Comment

Gosh, I play Bunco once a month ... it has to be a really BIG reason not to go .. Not sure but I thing that canning would have to wait .

Comment

What is Bunco? Is it a card game....
        Again I am living in the middle ages folks...
        Go ahead....laugh....
        I hear everyone talking about it....didn't want to ask...
        Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

I was going to ask too!

Comment

I've played, but this explains it VERY well!!!

Bunco is a game of dice, played in rounds. Players take turns rolling the dice and trying to accumulate as many points as possible to win each round. The game is played at tables of four in competing teams of two.

Players score points by rolling three dice and trying to match the number they're supposed to roll for that round. They get a point for each die that rolls the number, and if all three roll the number they score 21 points. They also score 5 points for rolling three of a kind of any other number. They get to keep rolling as long as they score one or more points with each roll. Once they fail to score they pass the dice to their left and the opposing team gets a chance to score.

During each round the teams at the Head Table try to score 21 points. The first team to score 21 points wins the round and play stops. At all other tables play stops when the Head Table play stops and the team with the highest score at each lower table wins the round.

At the end of the round players change seats, the winners at each of the lower tables move up a table, and the losers at the head table move to the lowest table. Players also switch partners at the end of the round, so you never play with the same partner twice in a row.

During play, players track the number of rounds they win and lose as a team, and the number of Buncos scored individually, on their personal scorecard. At the end of the night wins/losses and Buncos are tallied and prizes awarded.
            The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

It's a dice game with 12 women, 4 at a table. Google it, and it'll give you the low down. I've been doing it 9 years. Once a month on rotation. I have mine in August every year.

Comment

I love Bunco. Used to belong to a group many years ago, and we had a great time. I wish I could join up with another group. But it doesn't seem to be popular in my neighborhood at all.

Comment

LOL!!! Krub and I posted at the same exact time... I took the easy way out, but she explained it perfectly !

Comment

Awww shucks, Jana, it was just a matter of using the miracle of cutting and pasting, LOL........so actually, I took the easy route too!!!
                    The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.

Faith is believing in advance what already makes sense in retrospect. O:-)

'Do not ask the Lord to Guide your Footsteps if you are not willing to move your Feet'

Comment

Too funny Krub !!! LOL ~~

Comment

Thank-you Krub and Jana!
                        I bet it is loads of fun!
                        It would really be nice to actually get together with all the CK-ers and play sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by tastebud View Post
                          I was going to ask too!
                          Thank-you for holding my hand Tastebud! It feels good not being the only one! ((((Hugs))))

Comment

Originally posted by TexAnn View Post
                            Thank-you for holding my hand Tastebud! It feels good not being the only one! ((((Hugs))))
                            You weren't the only one, I wondered, too!

Comment

You too Luvs! I really must get out more I think. I am missing out on a lot of fun stuff!!

Comment

Working...
                              X