Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what are your pet peeves?

i have many, but for now...

that little burst of cold water from the shower head. I hate dodging the water...

gooey spoons and knives in the sink. kids glob up the spoon with mayo and plop it in the sink.... eeww.

cheese slice wrappers left on the counter.

we have a freezer bottom fridge, seems everytime DD gets ice, she drops one cube on the floor. and leaves it....

emails that are replied too on and on and on and on, why am i the first one who starts a fresh email? lol stupid i know...
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Re: what are your pet peeves?

LOL, so many pet peeves, so little time
    People talking on their cell phones, in restaurants, at the check out at the store, pay attention to your business, you can talk later, and of course they have to talk loud
    I am with you Stella, gooey spoons, knives in sink, SO does that, drives me nuts.
    service people who show up late or don't show up at all, and don't call
    and I know there are more , but that's all I can think of right now
    oh wait, one more, SO leaving open jar of mayo out over night, he makes a midnight snack, and forgets to put the mayo jar back in fridge I cannot tell you how many jars of mayo I had to throw out

Comment

Not putting stuff up, after someone uses it. (usually in the frig.)
      Not using turn signals.
      Cars parked crooked.
      when people don't correct their kids.
      Not cleaning up spilled liquid on the kitchen floor, since I inevitably am the one who walks through it with socks on. LOL!
      Mom's who let there little ones run around with runny bad noses and don't wipe it.
      Uhhhmmmm - how many do you want. LOL!
      Last edited by Angel; 09-30-2008, 10:41 AM.
      INSANITY - the act of doing the same thing over and over agian, but expecting a different result. ANGEL

Comment

Being at the checkout or fast food counter and employees talking to each other while you wait, ie. "he was out with so and so and I told him to get lost---Reply--You go girl!!

Loud rock or rap music in a store while I am shopping.

Packaging I can't get open-would take a bomb on some of them.

Sneaky employees who try to rat you out.

That's my list off the top of my head.....
        Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

Sabine I am so with:

service people who show up late or don't show up at all, and don't call

Also:

People who don't put on a left turn signal until they are halfway into the turn.
          People who don't follow the etiquette rules of stop signs (the people on the other street are supposed to be able to turn as well you know) (this happened to me on the weekend and when I finally got to pull into the intersection I got glares & rude hand signals) AAAARRRGH

Comment

standing in line cash in hand at a check out, and the phone rings, employee takes the call to assit the phone call.
            i tell them everytime, hello i am standing here with money !
            I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Originally posted by Stella View Post
              standing in line cash in hand at a check out, and the phone rings, employee takes the call to assit the phone call.
              i tell them everytime, hello i am standing here with money !
              Stella, I agree with you--this very thing happened at Radio Shack the other days--I told the guy the caller should be put on hold not me!
              Last edited by nommie; 09-30-2008, 11:21 AM.
              Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

Employees who talk to each other ( when they should be waiting on you ) in a foreign language. Happens a lot here in SA, at all kinds of stores.

Comment

I have so many but one of my biggest is my mom bringing her little poodle over without asking. He is not housebroken.
                  Spicy food speeds up your metabolism. Put salsa on your cupcakes.

http://find-teresa-butler.tripod.com

Comment

ohhh

people who flip flip flip flip the channels with the remote, with out waiting to see what it is they are passing up, espically when there is in fact a a GUIDE !!! scroll through that !!

Comment

People who BLOW THEIR NOSE while I'm eating.. Once that happens, I'm done eating.

Comment

People who chew w/ their mouths open. I've asked people (politely) to please close their mouths!

People who "pop" gum while chewing... I've also asked people to cut that out too!!
                        "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

i am that person.
                          I am a horrible gum chewer!! smacking and popping blowing bubbles oh my I am really rude. but see i know that and i am careful when i do that. and will always ask people if they want some gum too.

Comment

I agree with almost all of these and add:

(1) Full trash can - no one else notices. Hello? (I HATE trash! In my house that's boys job!)
                            (2) Clothes on the floor less than 10 feet from the hamper.
                            (3) Callers who call ME and ask ME to "hold on...." while they talk to someone else. No! You called me. I will hang up on you if YOU call ME and ask ME to hold.
                            (4) Definitely the cell phone talking loud in stores, offices, etc. and not even acknowledging the cashier or Receptionist, etc. Ticks me off.
                            (5) People driving while on cell phones that nearly cause accidents due to lack of their attention to traffic - and they know it - and do that sheepishly "oh sorry" grin and keep right on driving and keep right on talking. Ugh! Hang up and drive if you cannot multi-task.
                            (6) People who wear heels or other shoes that obviously don't know how to walk in them - but rather they stomp all over the place. Stomp! Stomp! Stomp! Learn to walk in that type of shoe or pick something else!!!!!!!!!!

That's a few.........I have more.........

Comment

kids who sit around the corner, waiting to see if there is new peanut butter in the house,
                              only to write in it, peel the foil back, write in it and cover it back up, so it looks like no one was ever there, to be the first and you open it, and it says I WUZ HERE 9/29

or a heart, or a clover, or lol, sometimes there is SUCKER !!! carved in the peanut butter.
                              i am smart now. lol i do it in the car after purchase.

Comment

Working...
                              X