Crock Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crock Repair

OK, MY 6QT CROCKPOT IS EITHER CROCKPOT OR ROASTING OVEN. HAS THE METAL PAN FOR THE ROASTER, AND THE CROCK FOR THE SLOWCOOKER. BECAUSE I'M AN IDIOT AND DON'T THINK SOMETIME (ALOT OF TIMES), ONCE I PUT THE HOT CROCK IN THE SINK AND STARTED TO RUN WATER IN IT! OOPS! I HEARD A CRACK. I STOPPED THE WATER AND POURED IT OUT. NO VISIBLE CRACK NOTED. WHEN I COOLED I ADDED WATER NO LEAKING. WELL...... NOT LONG AGO I MADE A POT OF BEANS IN IT. LATER WHEN I WENT TO WASH THE CROCK I NOTICED MAYBE 1 TBSP OR SO OF FLUID UNDER THE CROCK, I COULD TRAIL THE JUICE TRAIL TO A SMALL, ABOUT 1-1/2 TO 2" HAIRLINE CRACK HORAZONTAL ABOUT HALFWAY UP CROCK.

SO LONG STORY SHORT, IS THERE A WAY TO REPAIR THAT? CAN I PUT A THIN LINE OF SUPER GLUE OR SOMETHING ON THE OUTSIDE, OR DO I HAVE TO BUY A NEW CROCK LINER?
    THE WHOLE CROCK/ROASTING OVEN WAS ON SALE, GOT IT FOR $20. SO NO BIG LOSS IF i HAVE TO BUY A NEW BIGGER CROCK AND JUST SAVE IT FOR THE ROASTER.
    "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Re: Crock Repair

I think I would just put one of the disposable liners in it and use it the way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by wellsms View Post
      I think I would just put one of the disposable liners in it and use it the way it is.
      DUH!!!! ******Hitting self on forehead******

GUESS THAT'S WHY I ASK YA'LL HUH? LOL
      "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by nuisance View Post
        OK, MY 6QT CROCKPOT IS EITHER CROCKPOT OR ROASTING OVEN. HAS THE METAL PAN FOR THE ROASTER, AND THE CROCK FOR THE SLOWCOOKER. BECAUSE I'M AN IDIOT AND DON'T THINK SOMETIME (ALOT OF TIMES), ONCE I PUT THE HOT CROCK IN THE SINK AND STARTED TO RUN WATER IN IT! OOPS! I HEARD A CRACK. I STOPPED THE WATER AND POURED IT OUT. NO VISIBLE CRACK NOTED. WHEN I COOLED I ADDED WATER NO LEAKING. WELL...... NOT LONG AGO I MADE A POT OF BEANS IN IT. LATER WHEN I WENT TO WASH THE CROCK I NOTICED MAYBE 1 TBSP OR SO OF FLUID UNDER THE CROCK, I COULD TRAIL THE JUICE TRAIL TO A SMALL, ABOUT 1-1/2 TO 2" HAIRLINE CRACK HORAZONTAL ABOUT HALFWAY UP CROCK.

SO LONG STORY SHORT, IS THERE A WAY TO REPAIR THAT? CAN I PUT A THIN LINE OF SUPER GLUE OR SOMETHING ON THE OUTSIDE, OR DO I HAVE TO BUY A NEW CROCK LINER?
        THE WHOLE CROCK/ROASTING OVEN WAS ON SALE, GOT IT FOR $20. SO NO BIG LOSS IF i HAVE TO BUY A NEW BIGGER CROCK AND JUST SAVE IT FOR THE ROASTER.

STOP YELLING AT ME!!!!!! I HAVE A HEADACHE!!!!!

Comment

Be safe. Buy a whole new crockpot. I would hate to read here that you got hurt or burnt when that pot breaks in half.

Comment

Or you could wrap the liner in heavy duty foil each time you use it. Laura

Comment

NU............... buy a new one

Comment

Working...
              X