I'm moving - wish me luck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm moving - wish me luck!

I'll be in and out over the next couple of days - packing and cleaning so I can move!
    After a long search, and just under the deadline, I found a wonderful place to live -
    I'll really miss my roomie, but the new one seems fun! There's lots of space for my big outdoor potted plants, and it's a beautiful home - I'll just be renting a room, the shared bath connects to MY room (yay!) and we're on opposite schedules! Plus, it's VERY inexpensive, and all utilities, cable, internet are included in the rent!! I will have to leave 15 minutes earlier than my 15 minute drive in the morning to get to work, but my friends have me convinced I'll enjoy the longer commute.....
    I have kleptomania, but when it gets bad, I take something for it.

Re: I'm moving - wish me luck!

Hey Crabby, good luck on your move and new accomodations. We were in your part of the woods just a couple of weeks ago--vacationing on Edisto Island. I love Charleston. It is such a genteel city.
    Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Sounds like you found a nice place with all the goods included. Have fun moving and enjoy your new beginning.

Comment

Aw, Ginger, that's so sweet! I love her so! Edisto's fun - did you say it right? LOL

Mellon, thank you for the good vibes!!!

ttyl

Comment

This wasn't our first visit, we were there last Dec. and liked it so much that we almost immediately booked a return visit. And yes, we did learn to say it right. Last time, we spent a lot of time in Charleston, being real tourists. This time, we spent 2 days and a night in Savannah Ga. Both cities are lovely but I have to admit that I prefer Charleston. And I absolutely LOVE Hancocks Fabrics!!
          Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Good luck with your move, and enjoy your new place.
            Not sure if you will enjoy a longer commute, I guess that will depend on how much traffic you will encounter, hopefully not to bad. Your new place will make up for it.

Comment

Good luck! Enjoy your new place
              A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
                This wasn't our first visit, we were there last Dec. and liked it so much that we almost immediately booked a return visit. And yes, we did learn to say it right. Last time, we spent a lot of time in Charleston, being real tourists. This time, we spent 2 days and a night in Savannah Ga. Both cities are lovely but I have to admit that I prefer Charleston. And I absolutely LOVE Hancocks Fabrics!!
                OMG I can't believe you said Hancocks - I work just down the street from there in a furniture and fabrics store that you would love! Someone called us one day asking if we had fabrics - said yes, so she asked if ours were as good as Hancocks. I said that we had some really nice ones, she should come see. Then she asked for a price range, so I said we have fabrics from $5 to $150 a yard. I thought she was going to drop the phone!! You should pm me before your next trip!!

ok, back to moving...ttyl

Comment

talk about Hancock fabric stores, we had several here in town, most of them were not well kept, cluttered and messy, not a joy to be in . And now they are all closing. Not surprised.

Comment

Good Luck Crabby!
                    Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

Good luck with the move! Sounds like you'll be happy there.

Comment

Working...
                      X