High School Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High School Online

I was standing in line for lunch at a school board building and overheard something about how high school online is going to be passed. This is sad if this is how our govt. needs to save money.

Does anybody have any kids that are doing high school online?

Re: High School Online

i heard this rumor about 8 years ago. I don't see it happening anytime soon.
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

My kids were home schooled and did some of their classes online. It's not just as simple as reading and answering questions. It is very detailed with strict rules. They still have a teacher for each class. Before they begin taking the course they must have a phone meeting with the teacher. She/he explains what the course is all about and what is required of the student. The teacher posts the students work online each week and the student can work at his own pace (except occasionally some tests are timed). When the student signs in to their class it does keep track of how much time is spent working each time. The student is required to call their teacher to "check in" either every to weeks or monthly. The teacher is available daily to speak to the student if they need help. Many of the virtual/online teachers are regular high school teachers who do this in addition to their normal teaching job. They tell the student what hours they are available to them and give them their phone number to reach them at. Or the student can email them and the teacher will return the call the same day. Occasionally there is group projects or teaching sessions. All the students are connected on the same phone line and participate together. Personally my kids learned a lot more this way, had more one on one time with their teacher and help than they would have in a traditional school setting. Virtual schooling is available to both home schooled and public schooled kids. They don't have to do all their classes through this program. Some public school kids do it to get extra classes for early graduation or if they have failed a class they make it up online. For home schoolers its great because it is free. If you have ever home schooled you know the cost for books and supplies is very expensive.

Also, adults can take GED courses online through this site. The site here is http://www.flvs.net/.
      The average woman would rather have beauty than brains, because the average man can see better than he can think.

Comment

Thank you so much Floridagirly for the detailed explanation. Very interesting.

Comment

Working...
        X