No announcement yet.

What are you giving out for Halloween?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you giving out for Halloween?

We usually get about 30 kids, I hate giving out chocolate because in Az it may melt by the time they get home. I know no peanuts because kids have allegerys, some kids hate mint too. So thinking maybe rice krispy bars. Also would it be cheaper to go to Costco than the grocery store? I want to give out something different. Also don't want leftovers, I really don't need to eat it. Any ideas?

Re: What are you giving out for Halloween?

Originally posted by roset View Post
    We usually get about 30 kids, I hate giving out chocolate because in Az it may melt by the time they get home. I know no peanuts because kids have allegerys, some kids hate mint too. So thinking maybe rice krispy bars. Also would it be cheaper to go to Costco than the grocery store? I want to give out something different. Also don't want leftovers, I really don't need to eat it. Any ideas?
    I give out little bags of chips; Doritos, pretzels, etc. I also have a cooler with little 8 oz. bottles of water, too. They like the chips a lot better than candy.

Comment

I don't participate any more. When we did, we handed out bags of pretzels or animal crackers and the kids loved it. Always favorable comments.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryJo View Post
        I don't participate any more. When we did, we handed out bags of pretzels or animal crackers and the kids loved it. Always favorable comments.
        I don't participate either. I go trick or treating with 2 GS and am not home.
        Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

balloons.

helium filled balloons. kids love it
          I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Sams club had some little packages of play dough, then I bought my perennial gift box of Halloween toys from Oriental Trading Co. My neighborhood , as in many southern Cal areas have many Latino families who really do go all out and celebrate Halloween and the Day of the Dead.

Comment

We don't have any. We're out in the country now.

Comment

One year I had helped to participate in a project to help children in other countries with hygeine...specifically learning to care for their teeth...
                I purchased so many childrens toothbrushes from the dollar store...(You couls get like 5 or 6 to a pack at some of the stores for a dollar)
                Well, I decided to pass them out at Halloween...
                This doesn't make you very popular with some of the kids, but the parents thought it was cool!
                We just don't get many trick or treaters.
                We have a lot of Churches in the area that do big things with the fall festivals ...
                Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

With It Being Month End And Me Having To Work Late, I Don't Get To Do Halloween.
                  SHEL

Comment

DD and I were just talking about this yesterday. She was wondering what we could give the older kids that go around trick or treating without a costume. I think a toothbrush is just the ticket!

Comment

Heh,Heh, Heh! Good for you!
                      A pet peeve of mine at Halloween is the older kids that come back over & over again & don't dress up...
                      They could at least dress up dontcha think?
                      Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

If we are at home, Halloween pencils, We try not to be at home that night. We have not given out candy in years. When I worked in the school system, a parent brought a policeman to my house to arrest me for tampering with candy. Fortunately that year, we gave out plastic spider and jackolantern rings (also a bad choice due to possible choking threat, but she didn't think about that one) Thankfully, I no longer work for the school system.

Comment

Originally posted by TexAnn View Post
                          Heh,Heh, Heh! Good for you!
                          A pet peeve of mine at Halloween is the older kids that come back over & over again & don't dress up...
                          They could at least dress up dontcha think?
                          Older kids coming around is a big, very big pet peeve of mine. If you need to shave you are too old to go trick / treat.
                          LOL, giving them a pencil or toothbrush could do the trick. I bet they wouldn't come around a second time. I have to remember that. We have very few kids in our neighborhood. Sometimes a car load of kids get dropped off, to run around the neighborhood. I don't go for that either, stay in your own neighborhood.
                          I don't give out candy anymore. SO does sometime, he gets a kick out of seeing the little ones dressed up. So if he wants to do it, it's all his. I usually buy small mini size candy bars at Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by Stella View Post
                            balloons.

helium filled balloons. kids love it
                            YOU JUST LIKE HUFFING THAT HELIUM!!! LOL

Comment

Usually mini's, i.e. Snickers, Baby Ruth, Skittles, SweetTarts.

As for older kids - yes they should stay home. But as rowdy as some are, if they don't get candy, they'll take it from the younger kids.

We used to get kids by the truck and car loads - like 8 - 10 cars at a time dropping off the kids. And usually started right in front of our house because we decorated to the hilt for Halloween, all lit up and it was great! We always loved it.

Now DS is older, and we're not in same area - so probably just doing the church Fall Festival so it'll be safe and fun. Not sure yet.

We have great home movies and pictures of when DS was small and the house was all decorated..........

Comment

Working...
                              X