Thursday..........thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday..........thoughts...

Good morning all! I feel lousy, couldn't think of a creative word to go with Thursday. I made the gooey apple cake last evening--took me almost 3 hours (will not take the normal person 30 minutes) I see my cooking is going to be more limited the older I get. BTW, as I posted in recipes to try, the cake is so good. I know we have discussed this before on this board, but I am so aggravated---why don't they make jeans that fit women!! The cut on jeans has changed so much! BTW, Crabby, how is the moving and settling in going?
    Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Re: Thursday..........thoughts...

Good morning, I know what you mean Nommie, My jeans keep shrinking!!! lol

I buy the ones from Walmart that are made with a stretch fabric, Faded Glory, look just like regular jeans, but they have a "give" to them!!

Comment

Good Morning Nommie, and CK peeps. I am sorry you are not feeling well, Nommie.
      I am going to have to check out that apple cake recipe. I am always on the lookout for a new recipe.
      Not sure what I am going to get into today, I know I need to do some filing, the stack of papers is getting taller and taller, time to do something about it.
      Hope everybody has a good Thursday.

Comment

I buy the Gloria Vanderbilt jeans at Kohl's, they also have some stretch in them. So many of the jeans are just too low for me. I like my jeans to come up to my natural waistline. or at least close to it

Comment

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
          I buy the Gloria Vanderbilt jeans at Kohl's, they also have some stretch in them. So many of the jeans are just too low for me. I like my jeans to come up to my natural waistline. or at least close to it
          That's me! If the jeans don't come up to my waistline, my belly hangs over!
          Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

I Can't/won't Do Those Low Cut Jeans Also! Too Fat, And I Personally Think They Look Trashy, The Really Low Cut Ones

Comment

I think the low cut jeans are fine on young , skinny girls, or women. My granddaughters , teenagers, wear them with some nice layered tops, and they look good.
              If I was several years younger and several pounds lighter I would wear them too.

Comment

It's The.....non Skinny Ones That Look Bad.... You Know That Muffin Top!!! Lol

And I Don't Like Seeing Their Thong Sticking Out The Top!!! Blech!

Comment

Originally posted by nuisance View Post
                  I Can't/won't Do Those Low Cut Jeans Also! Too Fat, And I Personally Think They Look Trashy, The Really Low Cut Ones
                  My sentiments exactly. I had a real eye-opener working in the Literacy Center booth at the county fair earlier this month and people watching. I saw SOOOO many girls and women who had NO business wearing low jeans with too tight shirts... it was NOT pretty.
                  "What fresh hell is this?" Dorothy Parker

Comment

Originally posted by nuisance View Post
                    It's The.....non Skinny Ones That Look Bad.... You Know That Muffin Top!!! Lol

And I Don't Like Seeing Their Thong Sticking Out The Top!!! Blech!
                    Yes, you have to have a flat stomach to pull off those low cut jeans.
                    I can do without seeing the underwear. And not just the thongs, also the bras or better yet the bra straps. If you wear a tank top or strappy top, make sure your bra straps don't show, it's really not attractive for the bra straps to show, and even less if the straps are in a different color. some people don't seem to look in the mirror before they leave the house

Comment

Even worse are the dirty bra straps---I have seen some of the dirtiest, grungiest straps----do they not know the bras haeve to be washed?!!!!
                      Nommie

Comment

LOL, or how about those clear bra straps. I see that a lot. But the thing is, the strap maybe clear, but you can still see it. Hello !

Comment

well, i wish they could come up with an invention to be able to stand in front of a "camera" or something, it figures out what size, what leg shape etc that is flattering on you, and go from there.as for bras, same thing, i have bought them, even went to lane bryant where they are supp to help fit you, and its still not right, cannot find the ones that separate and keep you from having a uni-boob!

Comment

A Couple Years Ago Our Clinic Got Up A Softball Team, Yes I Played, Yes I Hit The Ball Everytime, But I Was Always Out By The Time I Got To First Base, Too Damned Slow! But I Did Get Some Runs In! Anywho... I Would Wear A Sports Bra Because If I Didn't, When I Ran, I Would Black My Eye Or Knock My Knees Out From Under Me, Didn't Want To Hold My Boobs When I Ran! Lol That Sports Bra Would Give Me A Uniboob!! Why Do People Wear Those Daily????

Comment

I wish I had the body for low cut jeans, unfortunatly Ihave the body for high rise sweat pants. Oh well gives me more room to fit in cake.

Comment

Working...
                              X