Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have news, so you can sleep better tonight...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have news, so you can sleep better tonight...

just to settle your mind,
    because i know how distraught
    you have been
    over the news of my horific story
    of my mail box issue.

in case you forgot, my son painted it
    bright blue and bright kelly green
    box is blue, post is green

today, finally my husband has replaced it, with the
    prettiest mail box on my street !!
    it needs some flowers, some loving, some little landscaping around it, something,
    but it's PURTY !!!

sleep well my friends, thanks for the concern
    i know i was mortified over it LOL
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Re: I have news, so you can sleep better tonight...

I am so glad!!! I couldn't sleep for nuttin since you told us!!! It will be nice to get a good nights sleep night!! Congrats about the new mailbox!!

Comment

Oh, Thank God!! I have been having recurring nightmares that Mr. Greenjeans was chasing me with a paintbrush ever since you told us about your poor mailbox.. (oh, the HORROR!!! THE HORROR!!!!!!!!)

Now, I can sleep in peace.............
      Lauren ~The ultimate tragedy is not the oppression and cruelty by the bad people but the silence over that by the good people. ~
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Oh, thank goodness!! I was sooo worried, I have been freaking out since I heard about the horrible mailbox incident - thanks for that info, Stella!

BTW I won't have any trouble sleeping tonight - I am whooped!!
        I have kleptomania, but when it gets bad, I take something for it.

Comment

yes Mc Crabby, you were covered... moving is a killer.
          how are you doing tonight? bones a hurtin'? back killing ya?
          the kitties are good??

just so glad I was able to get the news to you before the weekend WHEW
          I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Thank you for relieving my mind. I've been having horrible urges to paint my cat purple with green spots. She's safe now.

Comment

But how about your son's psyche?? After all, he put his heart and soul into painting that mail box and pole and his parents have just tossed his valient efforts aside.

I think that you should install your son's wonderful artistic effort in another place. Perhaps a bathroom (you could store tissue rolls in the box) or maybe on a higher pole in the back yard as a bird house. Or perhaps your dear, darling, (perhaps artistically challenged) son might enjoy having his creation in his bedroom.
              Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

oh dear, i had no idea the cat was facing danger!!
                yea that baby is safe now. whew. i'll sleep better tonight, just knowing that car is safe haha

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
                  But how about your son's psyche?? After all, he put his heart and soul into painting that mail box and pole and his parents have just tossed his valient efforts aside.

I think that you should install your son's wonderful artistic effort in another place. Perhaps a bathroom (you could store tissue rolls in the box) or maybe on a higher pole in the back yard as a bird house. Or perhaps your dear, darling, (perhaps artistically challenged) son might enjoy having his creation in his bedroom.

he realizes it looks bad now.
                  he's laughing about it, and has this snarky attitude about "well mom look at it this way, you have a brand new one now"
                  Dh swears that DS and i were in on this all along.

the mail box needed to be replaced in the first place, the door hinge was rigged to work in the first place, he helped put the new one up, helped seal the new cedar post, and helped attach the box to it the post. then he attached the flag. he's laughing, thinks this is all funny.

he's anxious to put up siding now... and already asked what color will you paint it??

the old box, is going to a co worker, Kim. DS works for her n the summer, gardening, and hauling soil for her. building decks. kim wants it, she'll decorate it for christmas?
                  DS will help her build a stand for it, he's already designed it for her. lol

Comment

Ahhhh I can hardly wait to hear what your DS has in mind for the new home of his 'masterpiece' (And I sort of have to agree with your DH. I think there just might have been a little bit of kanoodling going on between you and your son about the old box )
                    Communicate. It can't make things any worse!

Comment

Glad to see you got a new mailbox, hope you never get another bill in it. Just happy mail. Stella, are things back to normal since the hurricane? I hope so. Hope businesses are all back & schools too.

Comment

So good to hear, problem is solved, I can take that of my worry list.

Comment

Can ya send DH my way. Pain in the rear neighborhood kid tore my door off mailbox. I need it replaced soon. I thought I could just buy a new box and put it on but 1st hubby(ex)rigged this one so a simple replacement isn't possible. I have to the whole new post. So I get to buy a new post, mount a new mailbox to it, dig a new hole and pray it all works. Neighbors should get a kick out of watching this whole process. Asking my DH would be a bigger mess.. man can't even make Kool-aid with me having to mop entire kitchen when he is done.

Comment

I Want You To Know, I Slept Better Last Night Than I Have Since I Heard The News! Thank You And Your Dh For Fixing It!!!

Comment

oh nu, you are so welcome!!!

once the siding is done, i'll let ya'll know.

Comment

Working...
                              X