rust on skillet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rust on skillet

my iron skillet has a little rust on it, whats the best way to get it off and reseason it?

Re: rust on skillet

leave it on your grill for the next few times you BBQ, and wipe it down with Crisco
    "Copykat Chat Forums" on Facebook, look it up!

E-Foo

Comment

I would scrub the rusty spot away and reseason.

Comment

Hi Tx!
        Spray some Pam on it , let sit awhile, take a paper towel, wipe out excess, & you should be set to go again.
        Suggestion? After you wash your pan, put it on the stove and cook all the water off of it then spray with Pam (or oil it), let it sit for a bit, wipe out, and put it up. It will stay seasoned and rust free. This is what I do and it works for me!! Muah!
        Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Bumping this up for Lampladies!!!

Comment

Never use Pam on your iron skillets---there is something in it that causes a gummy residue.
            Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

I have always wiped mine with vegetable oil inbetween uses (you will never see a rusty spot again if you do this!)....I learned that from watching my grandma and mom do it now I have their skillets and can only use in the oven because I have a flat top stove oh well cornbread rocks LOL

Comment

Nommie, I never have had a problem with using Pam on them. Maybe because I use them a lot. Will suggest just cooking oil from now on for those folks who don't use as often as me. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Working...
                X