Best way to clean caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to clean caps

Looking for a T&T way to clean caps, baseball type. My son has a white one that needs cleaning, and I was thinking of just spot cleaning it, then I remembered that I did that before and when the hat dried you could see a watermark where I cleaned the dirt marks. Guess I'll have to wash the whole thing. Anyone tried cleaning hats in the dishwasher? I have a hat 'frame' apparently for that reason. Anyone try that???
    A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Re: Best way to clean caps

I Put Dh's In The Top Rack Of The Dishwasher, Cleans Them Real Well.
    "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

I use the dishwasher also. To dry I use the tennis shoe rack (I don't know the real name) for drying.
      "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

okey dokey,,,then that's what I'll do! Thanks
        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

my sister's first husband's father used to do that; it shortens their life though
          I don't want buns of steel. I want buns of cinnamon !!!

Comment

i just put a rubber band on the bill to help keep its shape and toss in the washer,take off the rubber band and throw in dryer.

Comment

Top rack of dishwasher.
              Done it for years.

But I let "air dry" rather than dry in the DW, because that heat is what takes the "life" out of the cap/hat sooner.

Comment

I just toss them into the washing machine and then air dry. My sons were never very particular about their hats, actually the youngest one wanted his hats to look "ratty".

Comment

Working...
                X