mashed potatoes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mashed potatoes

I know we have had a thread before on how you make your mashed potatoes but why do some people add mayo to them?? What exactly does the mayo do? The thought of them having a mayo taste just does not sound appealing to me.

Guess you really have to like mayo too - I don't really care for mayo unless it is in potato salad. I don't eat mayo out - only from home.

Re: mashed potatoes

I guess I need to go back & read the original thread. Mayo in mased tators?... ewwww I'm a Hellman's chica, but I can't imagine it in my mashed potatoes. I sometime ad some sour cream if I have it on hand.

Comment

I have never put mayo in mashed potatoes, but I have used sour cream , besides butter and milk.

Comment

Beats me. I'm a mayo lover here too and, I wouldn't dream of adding it to mashed potatoes but, you know everyone has different likes/dislikes.
        A balanced diet is a cookie in both hands

Comment

No mayo in my mashed potatoes!!! Now I do make an old fashioned mashed potato salad where I use mayo and mustard instead of milk but that is the only time the mayo goes in my mashed potatoes.
          Nommie

Thought for the day: Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away!

Comment

I actually DO add a little Mayo - and my DD's HATE Mayo.
            You cannot taste it in there, but you can tell the different texture if it is not in there.
            I only add about a Tablespoon or two - depending on how much I'm making. It makes the MP more creamy.

I didn't use to do this until a relative was at my house and did this and I noticed the difference and so did my family - so I started doing it too.

But again - not enough to taste it in there or my family wouldn't eat them.

Comment

no mayo here.
              sour cream or cream cheese or shredded cheese or ranch powder or a ton of other things, but no not mayo, and i love mayo, put it on my crackers when i get gumbo and chili
              I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Working...
              X