Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• realized a new pet peeve

cable companies.

if there is a problem with the service, then you have to go through so much crap to gert it going.
    they know who you are on the phone, they know your phone number but they ask anyways. they don't know how to fix your crap, they just enter your trouble into the computer an they wait and read the prompt, they don't know.

and it doesn't matter who the provider is, it's all of them
    and it doesn't matter if it was satellite, we have had that too, and the same thing.

doesn't happen often, but it is a problem today!!!

they ask stupid questions, are all the screws plugged in?
    no, i didn't check that i normally walk around and loosen screws on my electronic stuff...
    I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Re: realized a new pet peeve

My cats always used to climb behind the tv and loosen all the wires for me. My internet didnt work just because my cables were loose.

Comment

i don't have a cat, i don't have small children, and if i did, i am a responsible parent and wouldn't have my entertainment center set so kids can play back there.

when i said it was working this morning and 2 hours later it isn't, seems there is a problem on their end or i need to replace the box.

took me two reps on the phone to find out there is a problem in the area, it's not just me.
      first girl said i sent a signal, it didn't go through?? NO i said.
      well, i can set up a trouble call.
      she ended up hanging up on me
      called back and I find out that at 8 am this morning is when they noted trouble in the area.
      I just hold on tighter, to a hand that's stronger...he knows my every thought, he clears my weary heart, and hold's on tighter...

Comment

Been through it, been through it soooooooooo many times!
        My DH has been on the phone with them so much that he has ended up getting the Supervisor's Cell Phone so that he can call him direct!
        Sooooooooooooooo many problems!

And our local company advertises to get it all in one place.......i.e. phone, cable, Internet - for your convenience, blah, blah, blah...........well guess what???????

NONE - NONE of those idiots have a flipping CLUE about any of their own stuff - much less the other features-----------you may have all of your services through one place - but by golly you will have to call this one, then that one, then that one, and then another one for an additional change, blah, blah, blah...............

Geez! We have had SO MUCH trouble with it - that we began demanding credits for all of our down time!!!!!!! And guess what - we got it!!!!!!!!

This is a MAJOR PET PEEVE with me! SO ticks me off to be transferred from one to another to another, and bounced all over the company - and then to have some hardly-English speaking person pick up suddenly and ask me who I am holding for - and am I interested in purchasing additional cable lines ?????????? WHAT??????????? ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME??????????????? That is NOT why I am holding!!!!!!! I have been transferred EIGHTEEN TIMES AROUND YOUR COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it goes on and on and on.............now you see why DH started just handling it.......they made my BP go through the ROOF!!!!!!!!!!

Even now.........I can feel it rising just thinking about it....................they STINK!!!!!!!!
        They are the WORST at Customer Service - but ohhhhh.........listen to their ads on TV....they are the greatest, best thing since sliced bread..............NOT!!!!!!!!!

GEEZ!!!!!!!!! Ok...........got to get my BP down...........getting off my soap box!!!!!!!!
        EMail Queen
        Last edited by EMail Queen; 10-07-2008, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Hey................while editing this..........just realized I am a Senior Member!
          Hey!
          That's cool!

Man.........I must have the attention span of a knat!!!!!!!!!

Comment

my friend in baton rouge works for them. when gustav went through, the cable was out too.
            people got power but no cable. her dad calls her screaming, send someone out here.
            "" daddy i'm out too"" yea but you work there send someone here now, or i'm shutting them off.
            their own peeps have no pull. it's insane.

we have that all in one package too. stupid.
            if one is out, usually it's all out. luckily not today, and i can watch tv in the other rooms, where there is no box it's just the digital part that's out. apparently.

but when the phone is out, i have to call from the cell phone hog up on those minutes, while i sit on hold and they don't get it.
            if i call about the internet out, i have to re boot the box, this shuts off the phone. so i call back look ***** you tell me to re boot then it shuts off the phone.
            oh, you dont' have a cell phone?
            is a cell phone a requirement to have this crap from you people? how about this, i gave you my phone number 8 times, why? why didn't you call me back? you have my account up right there in front of you, you know everything, where i live, my spouse's name, my name, phone number, dog's name, but you can't cal lme back.
            with all this technology you can't call me back?
            ugh

Comment

We got all but one blasted channel and it took 2 weeks to fix one channel. My friend waited 2 hours to speak to a rep....
              UN BEE LEAVE A Bull!!!!!!
              Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

I Have No Problem With People From Other Countries Working For Systems They Have To Answer The Phone, But Make Sure Their English Is Good Enough, Or Can Be Understood Good Enough To Make The Conversation Go Easier!!!

Comment

doesn't matter what country you are from. or een if you were born and raised in the united states, not everyone has a good phone voice.

many many many jumble their words together. I have no problem asking to speak to someone else, if i am transfered i tell them, i'm hanging up, and i'll call right back i cannot understand you.

other people talk so fast they don't allow you time to answer before the run into their next question.

today i had spoken to one girl who spoke in pig latin ebonics. yea. couldn't understand a word !!

Comment

Ha, I work in cleveland i fo sho no ebonics!

Comment

i slur my words together, but when i am talking to someone who doesn't know me i am careful to slow down and try not to laugh too much.

Comment

I had someone want insurance on a fo do car once. He said it was a Ford, I kept telling him I didnt know of a car named photo and it did not come up under Ford. Then he said, naw ya gotz it wrongz, it a ford with fo do, you no the ca gotz fo do. He meant four doors, who would have guesses.

Comment

Working...
                        X