meat balls..discussion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• meat balls..discussion.

how do you prepare meatballs..do you use rice..cranberry sauce..tomato sauce..what secret ingredient do you have for meatballs..do you serve it over rice or noodles..toss in a soup..cook on top of the stove or in the oven..

Re: meat balls..discussion.

No secret here. I usually buy frozen italian meatballs and heat them up in a marinara sauce , yes, out of a jar and serve over pasta. Whichh is exactly what we are having tonight, with salad and french bread.
    I used to make my own meatballs, but I found the frozen ones are just as good.

Comment

When I make homemade meatballs, I buy fresh asparagus and grind them up and put into my groundbeef mixture. I put the usual: Breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, minced onion, egg.

They always come out moist.
      "Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle"

Comment

I take the easy way out. Hamurger, Mrs Grass Onion Soup Mix, Egg and smashed up Crackers. Then, I mix a Sour Cream, Mushroom soup mixture with some beef paste, and cook till hot, and throw that on top of the meatballs and let sit. The flavor of the meatballs goes into the sauce.

Comment

Couldnt figure out the Edit, but I forgot to put how I cook them I cook them in my Nu-wave oven for about 10 minutes. I can do a whole rack of them

Comment

I have tried several brands of frozen meatballs (including Sams Club, Costco, etc...) to save time when making them as a main dish or appetizer. I haven't found one that tastes the same or better than my homemade ones. They all taste 'processed' to me.

I do like to use a combination of ground beef and ground pork in meatballs. Pork always adds great flavor. For meatballs eaten with spaghetti, I add a handfull of grated Parmesan or Romano cheese into the meat mixture.

Comment

This Is Making Me Hungry For Meatballs. I Was Thinking I Would Have Meatloaf One Night This Week, But I Think I Just Changed My Mind.
              SHEL

Comment

I used to add cheese to the meat mixture, shredded white cheddar or parmesan and i used to brown the meatball in a pan,before adding to sauce

Comment

ground beef, ground pork, parm cheese, french bread, garlic powder, eggs, fresh parsley, pepper..bake 350, about 15-20 min

A day without laughter is a day wasted...Charlie Chaplin

Comment

Good hamburger, oats, beaten egg, finely chopped onion, onion soup mix, pepper, then I bake them before putting them in spag. sauce.

Comment

Publix makes them fresh in their meat department so I usually pick them up when I am in a pinch. But if I have time - I use ground chuck, italian bread crumbs, egg, minced onions, ketchup, worchestershire and I think that is it. Been a long time since I made them at home.

Comment

ok,

hamburger, bread ripped finely, egg, salt, pepper, garlic.

Mix thoroughly, roll balls layer in crockpot with sauce. balls/sauce/balls/sauce) cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. This way they come out cooked and not overly hard from frying them.

dragunmommy

Comment

I make mine like alidoremi!
                          I also use frozen meatballs when I am in a hurry/ As with anything else, some of them are better than others..
                          Have you made time to listen to the birds today........

Comment

Use the frozen ones here too.

In spaghetti sauce
                            Meatball subs
                            Swedish Meatballs

Comment

Working...
                            X